Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Regardless of what is said and typed, a Pro should be a pro and not rise to the keyboard warriors and their silly rants.

If he doesn't like what the public have to say then remove yourself from the Social Media world or lock it down so only those you want to communicate with can.

Twitter et al has unfortunately given a voice to some complete bell-ends who no-one would listen to if it were a face-to-face conversation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ulver said:

What did this fan say to get that response from Lescott? For all I know it may have been a totally legitimate reply to a complete tool of a fan. We have plenty as we all know

Is there a legitimate reason for a grown man to offer another adult out for a fight at his place of work?  

• Like 1

The car thing and the lame excuse was a ridiculous, and I'd have accepted a stern word from Remi.

Inviting a fan down to the training ground for a fight? He surely can't play at the weekend. His every touch would be booed, IMO.

Edited by Davkaus

I'm not excusing his actions as a player but when people start making threats and personal attacks what do you expect in return.

These lads still have to play for us until the end of the season, running them out of their home town is stupid.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Why do these footballers need to use twitter anyway? Just asking for trouble, and you're only going to get abuse. 

It's an ego thing. I fail to see why anyone would want to post their random musings on twitter but I'm sure footballers love seeing people fawn over their every post and seeing how many followers they have.

Â