Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

26 minutes ago, DK82 said:

And they expect us to be behind them every game when they are just overpaid words removed who don't give a shit. The effort I see from them isn't matched by the non league games I attend down here, and guess what, the support from fans is endless.

I might actually ring talksport and ask stan what he makes of those pathetic comments

24 minutes ago, KSV said:

Cancer spreads right through. At least we have a weekend off the bs of the Villa world.

I cannot wait for the moment when we have a team to be proud of again - they will be true heroes and banish the memory of this shite we are currently witnessing. This team is not worthy of our time or consideration. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

What did the fan say to lescott to make him offer to fight him?

Goading fans, lying to fans, fighting fans, insulting Stan...

Can't we just tear up his contract and say bye bye to this unprofessional uncaring stupid classless word removed?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

What did the fan say to lescott to make him offer to fight him?

Goading fans, lying to fans, fighting fans, insulting Stan...

Can't we just tear up his contract and say bye bye to this unprofessional uncaring stupid classless word removed?

TBF he gets a tick from me for the Collymore part, about time someone stopped shining the sun up that guys ass

For the rest of it he can get **** though :) 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DCJonah said:

You can't put posters on VT on the same page as the board and players. The fans that attend matches have supported the team well. They may have given up but unlike the players and the board their actions don't show that. 

Mike McKenna made a similar comment.  I didn't say fans were at fault.   I said and believer that players having a "we give up" attitude is inexcusable.  In each match, much less on a season.

It appears obvious that too many of them have given up on this season (they basically admitted as much post Liverdisease).  But I made the same complaint in the fall when they appeared to be giving up individual matches when we fell behind.  Remember the dropped heads?  Both are completely inexcusable in my opinion.  I went on to state that the board essentially did the same thing in the transfer window.  We're doomed to lose, no point in fighting against it, appeared to be the message.  Sorry, that attitude infuriates me.

But I said in the fall that fans who were arguing we should get no-one in January... or only those that would do well in the championship, were infuriating to me.  Clearly, I'm not over it.

I'm not saying fans are to blame.  The fans as an overall group are outstanding.  But giving up annoys me.  (Not to sound British but "never give up" is a powerful truth and important to my personal life). But anyone that gives up and then moans when others do the same are hypocritical.

In hindsight, I should have parsed my inclusion of fans more carefully.  I will gladly admit that it was and is a very small group of fans that gave up.  And I will concede with confidence that some who posted sentiments like that on VT were just venting, but still going to the matches and cheering madly.  (in my defense, what I read here and heard from others was "we should admit we're going down and use the transfer window for planning our return rather than fighting against it.."   I don't remember anyone then saying.  "I'm just venting.  I'll be cheering at the next match.)  But if they were just venting, at the time.  Ill add my venting.... there were posters here in the fall stating we should give up on this season and plan for the championship.  It angered me at the time and I'm clearly not over it.  I'll have a word with the reverend.

If I haven't convinced you of my position I give up. :)  :)  (get it?)  .... Sorry, I'll get my hat.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He really is trying to get himself sacked and paid off isn't he?

Must be desperate for that MLS move.

Rodders, what would you do if you had to watch a team with Bent and Lescott in? :D

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He really is trying to get himself sacked and paid off isn't he?

Must be desperate for that MLS move.

Thought exactly the same. Toys out the pram because he wasn't allowed to move last month to the MLS. I believe the interest was real but the club probably denied the move which didn't sit well with him.

Â