Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

So Lescott thinks Liverpool are  a better team than us. So why bother against, Man U, man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, actually probably all the teams above us. 

As has been said, there is a very very defeatist attitude in this club, 1 or 2 think otherwise, but Lescott has certainly brought the fans back to earth.  Cheers pal, hope you enjoy the new car.

35 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I think a "we give up" attitude is inexcusable from the players.  On the other hand, the board did it in January to lead the way.  And quite a few posters on here did it before then, much to my chagrin.

You can't put posters on VT on the same page as the board and players. The fans that attend matches have supported the team well. They may have given up but unlike the players and the board their actions don't show that. 

He's been one of our better players and the over reaction is ridiculous. He's said it wasn't good enough. What do you want for them? They interact and tell the truth and get loads of abuse then they get abuse if they don't interact!! FFS some people need to grow up. Every body was hurting after that shambles on Sunday but we've known all season we are a fragile bunch. If the players show the same mentality against Stoke I'll be the first to go ape shit but not after one game no matter how awful it was. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He's been one of our better players and the over reaction is ridiculous. He's said it wasn't good enough. What do you want for them? They interact and tell the truth and get loads of abuse then they get abuse if they don't interact!! FFS some people need to grow up. Every body was hurting after that shambles on Sunday but we've known all season we are a fragile bunch. If the players show the same mentality against Stoke I'll be the first to go ape shit but not after one game no matter how awful it was. 

I stopped reading after you said he's been one of our better players. 

Mid 30's man getting upset and wanting to fight somebody because of a "your mom" joke? That alone is laughable let alone a professional footballer who, although it isn't right, should surely be media trained and know the kind of rubbish that gets spouted online.

He has won trophies, played international football at the highest level, yet wants a scrap because of an Instagram comment? Great example for the younger players mate. 

Piss off out of our club, cheers.

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

So Lescott thinks Liverpool are  a better team than us. So why bother against, Man U, man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, actually probably all the teams above us. 

As has been said, there is a very very defeatist attitude in this club, 1 or 2 think otherwise, but Lescott has certainly brought the fans back to earth.  Cheers pal, hope you enjoy the new car.

well Liverpool are a better team than us but what pissed me more was he said they wanted it more as well, if a team is better than you fair enough but at least go out and give 100% its really least we can ask for

• Like 2

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I think a "we give up" attitude is inexcusable from the players.  On the other hand, the board did it in January to lead the way.  And quite a few posters on here did it before then, much to my chagrin.

Absolutely no correlation with the fans. Thousands of fans go to every game, we may believe that we have little chance of survival, but we actually pay for the pain and still turn up week in week out! 

Players like Lescott, get paid massive amounts to turn up with a losing mentality and then have the ****** cheek take the piss out of us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

So having a go at a player who posts a picture of a 135K motor, effectively sticking two fingers up to the 'peasant' fans who pay good money is an 'over reaction'? Then he compounds his disgraceful action by giving us a load of BS, treating us like idiots. It wasn't interacting, it was purposely winding up the fan. He of all the players is supposed to be a 'Villa fan' and must have known how it would be perceived. 

I don't boo players - but he is finished in my eyes and I will make an exception when he next plays! 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

He also said he posted a picture on Twitter because his phone was in his pocket, they will rename this the Lescott

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

just imagine if Wycombe had that attitude against us in the FA cup, we wouldn't of needed a replay, then there's Bradford in the league cup, Bradford against Chelsea, wtf were they thinking, Chelsea and us were the better teams, how dare they even think about showing a bit of desire and try to win those games.

To brag about his wealth straight after a 0-6 drubbing = embarrasing.

To then blame the tweet as being some astonishing auto post from his pocket is obviously a lie = embarrasing.

To then offer to go toe-to-toe with a fan that pays his wages = embarrasing.

I want to like the guy - Villa fan and all that - but he's acting like an A-grade cock and deserves all the shit that is coming his way !!!

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Villa fan and all that - but he's acting like an A-grade cock and deserves all the shit that is coming his way !!!

Not mutually exclusive among  villa fans these days unfortunately.

Â