Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

another one who thinks Tim should have got more time.

also said staying up be his greatest achievement in football

I imagine the players do actually think this. Let's not forget the Weimann incident.

weimann.jpg

This poor small club mentality has been at evident at this club for far too long, it's no wonder we are about to relegated when we have players who think staying up is an achievement.

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I imagine the players do actually think this. Let's not forget the Weimann incident.

weimann.jpg

This poor small club mentality has been at evident at this club for far too long, it's no wonder we are about to relegated when we have players who think staying up is an achievement.

It comes from the top. Lerner's aim is just to be in the division, I imagine he just sees finishing any higher than 17th as a bonus. This transpires down to the manager and the players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

weimann.jpg

well Lescott has won 2 league titles and about 20 caps, he also said in the interview its because the club means so much to him compared to his previous clubs 

• Like 1

I'm sure it does which is why he is playing for us at the age of 33 with his legs clearly shot.

Will probably retire once we our relegation is confirmed. Rio Ferdinand mk II.

No doubt in my mind West Brom probably couldn't believe their luck when we came knocking. Thanks Sherwood.

7 hours ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Never really heard him talk before. Seems like a decent level headed lad to have around the dressing room if nothing else.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/10096612/joleon-lescott-keeping-aston-villa-in-premier-league-would-rank-with-title-wins

Seems like your garden variety not-so-bright footballer to me. 

Surprised nobody's talking about his comedy defending for their second goal. He made Richardson look like Maldini there. He looked like a random fan who got chosen to start at CB for the day, didn't know which man to follow and he nearly ended up tripping himself. Absolutely shambolic defending.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The goal where he was marking 3 men on his own?  Yeah, I'm not going to blame him for that.

Yeah, the one where he left Ozil all alone to pick a pass. If he went with him and put in a challenge and still got done fair enough, but he didn't commit either way. He just left them all alone because he was too slow to catch up to Mesut Ozil :lol: 

Edited by Keyblade

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, the one where he left Ozil all alone to pick a pass. If he went with him and put in a challenge and still got done fair enough, but he didn't commit either way. He just left them all alone because he was too slow to catch up to Mesut Ozil :lol: 

He was **** no matter what. I felt sorry for him.

• Like 1

Just watched the replay and I was being harsh on him. I thought it was 2v1 originally, but it was actually 3v1. How tf did we even get into that position though, it was 4v4 before the pass that completely cut through us. We are awful.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Just watched the replay and I was being harsh on him. I thought it was 2v1 originally, but it was actually 3v1. How tf did we even get into that position though, it was 4v4 before the pass that completely cut through us. We are awful.

Arsenal did it a couple of other times, they are top class at in 3 or 4 one touch passes destroying a team from winning the ball on the halfway line.  A lack of desire to get back from the midfield didn't help.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sanchez saw something shiny and wandered off I think.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 3

Lescotts defending was still horrific though, he followed the run rather than going to ball, when he finally realised he needed to close him down it was too late, the easy square ball was on

The fault for the goal is several players, okore IMO should have enough about him to foul Walcott in their own half, take the yellow, stop the attack

Â