Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

Lescotts defending was still horrific though, he followed the run rather than going to ball, when he finally realised he needed to close him down it was too late, the easy square ball was on

The fault for the goal is several players, okore IMO should have enough about him to foul Walcott in their own half, take the yellow, stop the attack

If he followed the ball straight away, the pass to others was on. Can't believe some are blaming Lescott for that.

13 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

If he followed the ball straight away, the pass to others was on. Can't believe some are blaming Lescott for that.

This.

As a defender you can't just commit in that situation or the pass is a piece of piss.

He positioned himself to try and cut out the pass but be close enough to ozil to challenge if he took on the shot.

It was futile in the end, but there's no way you can blame Lescott in that situation. 3v1, against Arsenal.
He'd have had to be superman to do anything there.

• Like 1

Why are we still playing him? He's at least as bad as Clark, and Clark at least has nearly in ten years in age on him, there's a chance, however slim at this point, that he might get a little bit better. There is absolutely no chance Lescott will improve, he only gets worse from here. 

I'm going to keep saying it after every game he plays, until he suggests otherwise - he's the worst centre back I've ever seen at this football club. 

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why are we still playing him? He's at least as bad as Clark, and Clark at least has nearly in ten years in age on him, there's a chance, however slim at this point, that he might get a little bit better. There is absolutely no chance Lescott will improve, he only gets worse from here. 

I'm going to keep saying it after every game he plays, until he suggests otherwise - he's the worst centre back I've ever seen at this football club. 

Agree - Clark will at least have a good game in amongst his howlers, but Lescott is filling his coffers this year.

• Like 1

i thought he was actually decent apart from one mistake. Unfortunately that mistake was a huge was and cost us the goal.

Me too. He looked more comfortable today than in any of the other games, however his mistaken led to the goal. Newcastle were quite poor however.

He is past it.

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Took a fair bit of stick during his first couple of months here from me included but over the last few games I think he has done well. He is a bit of a calming influence and I have been surprised how good his distribution is.

you know how good our defenders are playing by how little posts in the thread after a game ;)

• Like 2

Â