Joleon Lescott

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Standing next to him at Star City. Called him a alien headed price and he turned his head to me :crylaugh:I don't care

Should've told him to make sure his phone is switched off before the film starts.

• Like 1

Would be funny to see a bunch of heavies just turn up in Villa shirts for a laugh but looking ready to rip the ****s head off!  He would shit himself.

Keep it up mind, keep bringing this negative publicity to the club.. It will give the press an inch to start digging into the miles of problems this club has which go beyond any dickhead tweeting a car from his phone!

14 hours ago, briny_ear said:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/dan-jones-lescott-looked-in-his-pockets-for-an-excuse-and-came-up-empty-a3182586.html

Even the bleedin' Lahndahners are Larfin' at 'im.

(Sorry, can't quote article from my phone.)

"Once players could be expected to share common values with all of us; to rub shoulders with the plebs in public houses and on public transport. Now, amid widespread protests over the exorbitant ticket prices charged to ordinary fans, a footballer like Lescott can aspire legitimately to becoming a 1%-er, living the life and enjoying luxuries generally restricted to bankers, rappers and the international rich. To put it another way, modern football has become a working-class game performed by multi-millionaires" 

I think that says it all. Lescott is not alone in this at Villa Park or in football in general but his reaction was a very poor one and straight after a game like this one he should have kept a very, very low profile. I think he tried to make things right by then saying he was sorry about his and the team's performance but the wording of that message just inflamed the situation. He was not our worst player on the day and that has been the case in recent games. There are other players who have given less, care less and who as a result have played less. I thought the team showed Liverpool too much respect and unlike say Sunderland when they played the same team they were not prepared to press or to bust a gut to try to get something out of the game given they felt defeat was inevitable once they went behind because they were up against a better team. That in itself is not acceptable from any football team professional or otherwise.     

I am delighted alot of the media have picked up this story hoping lescott will be dropped from the squad completely and train with the kids. Would rather clark played although not a great defender at least he doesnt rub it in the fans face like lescott that he doesnt care. Would rather we get someone from the 21s than have lescott in the squad

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Seems he has reached out to Henry Winter. No doubt he will want to blame others, take none of the blame for himself and say it was all a "honest mistake"

Yep, excuses and bullshit incoming.

I mean seriously-What was the bloke supposed to do anyway, even if he did accept Lescotts invitation?

Say to his boss:
"I'm just leaving work for a couple of hours, to drive to BMH for a straightener with Joleon Lescott"

Arrives at BMH and says to security
"Good morning, can you let me in please, I've just popped over for a straightener with Joleon Lescott"

It's just ridiculous.

I thought the Wycombe thing was much ado about nothing but this latest debacle places him unplayable in my opinion. A pity because he'd improved and notched a couple of goals. Why these professional players take to social media is beyond me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

I mean seriously-What was the bloke supposed to do anyway, even if he did accept Lescotts invitation?

Say to his boss:
"I'm just leaving work for a couple of hours, to drive to BMH for a straightener with Joleon Lescott"

Arrives at BMH and says to security
"Good morning, can you let me in please, I've just popped over for a straightener with Joleon Lescott"

It's just ridiculous.

I lolled

He's staying cos LA Galaxy already have 3 designated players and only offered him a couple of grand a week...

To be fair did he join us because he as a villa fan? Or did he join us because he had a year left on his baggies deal and we offered him 2 years? If / hopefully if someone comes in the summer with a 2/3 year deal on the table he'll go, that's the reality of being a 34 year old footballer this summer

Yes Mr Hangzhou Greentown we accept your £22m offer for joleon...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bunnski said:

He said in the interview with the times that he is staying even if we go down because he's a Villa fan, be interesting to see if he's still a Villa player in September and if he's a man of his word. 

Could have fooled me by his reaction everytime he scored against us, the prick. Like **** is he a Villa fan. Might have been when he was a kid, but nobody reacts like that after scoring against us in front of the Holte if they love the club.

Edited by Davkaus

On 2/21/2016 at 01:03, Bunnski said:

He said in the interview with the times that he is staying even if we go down because he's a Villa fan, be interesting to see if he's still a Villa player in September and if he's a man of his word. 

So basicaloly he has no relegation wage reduction in his contract then, great job fox you fool

Â