Adama Traore

mwj

If he signs a new contract is the buy back clause still valid?

don't think it would be seeing as it wouldn't be the same contract. then again, I have no idea how these deals are done.  ^_^

If he as a successful couple of seasons at Villa Park, I'd much rather have him return to Barcelona than spend a year listening/reading the so called sports media running a campaign against us like they seem so often willing to do.

...or going to one of our immediate competitors within the league.

I really don't know why people are getting hung up on a buy back clause.

All our best players will get cherry picked by the big teams if they play well for us anyway. It will be a bigger fee and have meant that he has kicked ass for us. Personally I couldn't care less.

• Like 1

If Barca decide they want to buy him back it can only mean the lads done amazingly well for us. 

Not necessarily true.  It all depends on the buyback fee.  If the fee is something low like say £6m (as it is for Deulofeu at Everton) then all that needs to happen is that he become worth more than the £6m in the open market in order for it to financially benefit Barça to buy him back to flog him off at the higher price.

They may have to hang on to him for a couple of months afterwards in order to avoid falling foul of the "you can only represent 2 clubs in a calendar year" stuff.  But it is not true to say that them bringing him back means he has been i) amazing or ii) that they want him in their team.

But I've said all this yesterday so I'll leave it there.

TL;DR - Buyback options are a load of betty swollocks.

• Like 1

It's not really like a loan deal though is it? He could do well for us, but Barcelona may not fancy him. Doesn't stop Man City giving us £30m for him does it?

There's a good chance we would make money. Its unlikely he will become good enough to play for Barcelona, let's be honest.

They'll always have better players to be in for.

Maybe he wont want to go back. Lets just enjoy whatever we get out of him. No different than losing Delphi so early in his new deal.

If he can give is 2-3 years then great.

A bit off-topic but I've wondered for a while with buy back clauses whether the player has any say. For instance, if Madrid were to use the buy back clause for Morata what happens if he doesn't want to leave Juve can he just refuse personal terms with Real? Not that I can really see Traore refusing Barca to stay with us if they came calling.

If Barca decide they want to buy him back it can only mean the lads done amazingly well for us. 

Not necessarily true.  It all depends on the buyback fee.  If the fee is something low like say £6m (as it is for Deulofeu at Everton) then all that needs to happen is that he become worth more than the £6m in the open market in order for it to financially benefit Barça to buy him back to flog him off at the higher price.

They may have to hang on to him for a couple of months afterwards in order to avoid falling foul of the "you can only represent 2 clubs in a calendar year" stuff.  But it is not true to say that them bringing him back means he has been i) amazing or ii) that they want him in their team.

But I've said all this yesterday so I'll leave it there.

TL;DR - Buyback options are a load of betty swollocks.

But Deulofeu went to Everton for about £3m, so the buy back clause is roughly double. If Barca do the same for this deal, and we sign him for roughly £10m, that means would be somewhere between £15m-£20m, so we'd still get a fair whack if they buy him back.

Say there is a buy-back clause, he is with us for 2 years and signs a new 4 year deal with us, does the buy back clause then run out at the end of the 3rd year with us or would it just constantly be there? I assume nobody could answer that with any validity, just wondering if something similar has happened elsewhere.

Edit: Just realised it was asked as I left it on this topic for about 20 minutes without it updating. Oops.

I'm not too arsed about a buy-back clause providing it's actually for good money. Hopefully only applicable at the end of the 3 years too.

Edited by Wezbid

Â