Adama Traore

mwj

Forgive me if this has already been discussed but isn't it mandatory for all players to have a release clause in Spain?

If so, and we have met it, I don't think Barcelona are in a position to be negotiating any buy back clause. The only way I see that happening is if we are buying him without meeting his clause in which case negotiations will have to take place.

It has been discussed earlier in the thread and the general consensus was that you are correct that release clauses are mandatory.

I would see it the same way as you. Meet the release clause and there ahould be no reason to allow a buy back option.

It would of course depend on the wxact wording of the contract though. There could be a specific release clause value if a buy back is inserted into a new contract and maybe a higher release value if no buy back.

If he did do well for us, we could always try to negotiate a fee with Barcelona to remove the buy back clause. They wouldn't be able to insist we sold him.

Unless we had a release clause too.

Hmmm. This is all getting complicated.

Let's just buy him and let him play football. We can get pissed off later.

Edited by dogbonus

Apologies.

Mobile phone and fat thumbs!

Good job I'm not typing up the contract.

Good job you edited your posts so mine makes no **** sense whatsoever! Thumbs were slim enough for that weren't they eh? Eh??

I have been working all night and haven't been to bed since 8am yesterday. Soooooo, what have I missed?

Apologies.

Good job you edited your posts so mine makes no **** sense whatsoever! Thumbs were slim enough for that weren't they eh? Eh??

I have been working all night and haven't been to bed since 8am yesterday. Soooooo, what have I missed?

Switched to my tablet for a bigger keyboard!

Just come off a night shift myself. Dont think theres anything new. No reports of planes landing or anything at BMH.

I'm hoping to wake to news that its all happened.

Apologies.

Numerous media outlets reporting we are leading the race. Started with some Spanish sources then I think it was the Telegraph who said he will be flying in today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11797571/Adama-Traore-flies-in-for-7-million-Aston-Villa-move.html

Edited by sexbelowsound

Being reported that he hasnt agreed to come by one of his friends.

lol that newspaper has had him signed for Liverpool Stoke and now Villa and now back tracking again. This lad will end up at Colchester by next week.

Apologies.

Switched to my tablet for a bigger keyboard!

Just come off a night shift myself. Dont think theres anything new. No reports of planes landing or anything at BMH.

I'm hoping to wake to news that its all happened.

Sleep well my prince. 

Sleep, apparently.

Overrated

Apologies.

Numerous media outlets reporting we are leading the race. Started with some Spanish sources then I think it was the Telegraph who said he will be flying in today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11797571/Adama-Traore-flies-in-for-7-million-Aston-Villa-move.html

Cool beans. 

I've just watched his YouTube video, which I know we all love and trust, and it looks like he's the player that Victor Moses always wanted to be.

You can see why he probably wants to move, to be fair, as those defences are just way too easy for him to penetrate. He's presumably not yet good enough for Barcelona's main team, but feels the need to continue his development at a team where the league does challenge him. That's my guess anyway!

Someone on Spain claiming to know him has said he wants further talks with Barcelona to establish his future at the club before moving to England.

Understandable. Signed for Barcelona, playing in their B team, approaching the age of pushing on into the first team, Barcelona in a transfer ban so a handful of injuries could see him given a chance, and then sold.

I think he'd be more open to a loan, or a contract with a low buy back than a permanent transfer. I imagine it's gotta be difficult to leave Barcelona at this stage in a career.

Someone on twitter you mean?

Worse. Someone on Twitter who claims to know the person who knows Adama.

Straight from the horse's, owner's, son's, classmate's, sisters', uncle's mouth. Can't argue evidence like that.

In fact, I'm not even sure why I gave it the attention i did.

Â