Adama Traore

mwj

7 hours ago, Hev said:

Ray W on Talk Sport said that it was a toss up between Adama and Aaron Lennon who came and "the Club" went for Adama.   Alan Brazil questioned "the Club"? and Ray said firmly "The Club"  !    

That's right Ray, you knew best. Pity you didn't do **** all about it.

I don't thing he will stand a chance in the championship, he's a one trick poney from what I have seen.  Looks nice but over 90 minutes he's a big overhead to carry in a league that's direct and frantic.

Whoever scouted this player should be picking players for an under 12's 5 a side tournament.

Barcelona saw us coming from a 1000 miles , buy back clause my arse .

40 minutes ago, tinker said:

I don't thing he will stand a chance in the championship, he's a one trick poney from what I have seen.  Looks nice but over 90 minutes he's a big overhead to carry in a league that's direct and frantic.

Whoever scouted this player should be picking players for an under 12's 5 a side tournament.

Barcelona saw us coming from a 1000 miles , buy back clause my arse .

It's not just us they do that with though. They don't seem to let any youngster leave without a buy back clause.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Looks nice but over 90 minutes he's a big overhead to carry in a league that's direct and frantic.

I think direct and frantic describe his style of play fairly well actually.

• Like 4

I think direct and frantic describe his style of play fairly well actually.

I'd agree, but my only concern is that he only pulls it off 50% of the time. The other 50% will see him running into a dead end or swinging a cross out for a goal kick.

Only time will tell, I guess. Like all of us, I hope he stays here and becomes a fantastic player.

Only just turned 20...

Most players are raw at that age, to me it looks like he has potential.

He's on silly money (as are all our players) but I rather we spend the money on him than on people like Sinclair or Gabby next season.

Sure his agent is working on getting him a deal away from here thou.

If it was the case of signing Adama or Lennon, I would pick Adama every time.  Younger, better sell on value and must have seemed exciting for Sherwood and co at the time, signing a player from Barcelona.  Moreover, Lennon has hardly pulled up any trees this season has he.  Hope he stays but just can't see it to be honest. If the rumours are true re his wages, we simply cannot afford it surely next season.

• Like 1

Still think he could be made in a centre forward , not in the Peter Withe type mode but in a running directly at CB's type way , he's got some pace , he's got some skills ... The championship would be a good place to give it a bash 

• Like 2

Gabriel Marcotti said on his podcast a few months back that he heard from his 'contacts' that Adama was offered the same terms by both Stoke and Villa, but when he visited Villa Park he immediately decided he wanted to come to us. Can't see Stoke offering that ridiculous contract - I'd say it's exaggerated via Chinese wispers.

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Still think he could be made in a centre forward , not in the Peter Withe type mode but in a running directly at CB's type way , he's got some pace , he's got some skills ... The championship would be a good place to give it a bash 

I agree, even if he is ineffective there the defenders cant take that risk and will have to track him which should leave holes for other players to take advantage of

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If it was the case of signing Adama or Lennon, I would pick Adama every time.  Younger, better sell on value and must have seemed exciting for Sherwood and co at the time, signing a player from Barcelona.  Moreover, Lennon has hardly pulled up any trees this season has he.  Hope he stays but just can't see it to be honest. If the rumours are true re his wages, we simply cannot afford it surely next season.

Lennon has been Everton best player since the turn of the year and calls for him get back in England squad

Lennon has been Everton best player since the turn of the year and calls for him get back in England squad

From Martinez ;)

Tony's right, give him a chance as a striker, still got concerns that he wants in played to feet when he blatantly should be wanting to run on to things but if he wants to be greedy go play up top, opposition would set up the whole team to cancel his pace out in theory freeing up space for the likes of Gil of he's still be here to get the freedom to prove himself

Just now, villa4europe said:

From Martinez ;)

Tony's right, give him a chance as a striker, still got concerns that he wants in played to feet when he blatantly should be wanting to run on to things but if he wants to be greedy go play up top, opposition would set up the whole team to cancel his pace out in theory freeing up space for the likes of Gil of he's still be here to get the freedom to prove himself

I saw it on Sky with Phil Thompson and Charlie NIcholas. If was Martinez I be very worried ;)

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

We may have wanted one or the other, but since he signed for Everton in that window, there was 0% chance of us ever getting Lennon so I'm not sure why they're being compared.

he only joined Everton on transfer deadline day so I could see that we were probably interested in him before then

18 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

What he said.

20 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I'd agree, but my only concern is that he only pulls it off 50% of the time. The other 50% will see him running into a dead end or swinging a cross out for a goal kick.

Only time will tell, I guess. Like all of us, I hope he stays here and becomes a fantastic player.

What percentage of the time do the players picked ahead of him pull it off?

Â