Adama Traore

mwj

On 23/04/2016 at 07:25, Zatman said:

what? really? Robertson was one of best wingers in British footballing history

thats not what im asking is it? Scholes has one of the best CM in british history. He isnt producing every CM playmaker who come through united ranks out there is he...Think harder. 

Edited by gharperr

2 hours ago, gharperr said:

thats not what im asking is it? Scholes has one of the best CM in british history. He isnt producing every CM playmaker who come through united ranks out there is he...Think harder. 

eh Robertson was a top class coach as well

• 3 weeks later...
Should do his career a favour and get out of this shit show as soon as possible.

I'm sure that's his plan, probably why he's not being played

• Like 1

I take it there's a financial reason for him not playing.

As in we pay Barca X amount once he starts/plays so many games or he has a clause in his contract that says he needs to be on the team sheet so many times and paid so much of a bonus for playing....

can anyone confirm? Can't see any reason why he wouldn't even feature, waste of money if we aren't even giving him a chance 

3 minutes ago, Duck said:

I take it there's a financial reason for him not playing.

As in we pay Barca X amount once he starts/plays so many games or he has a clause in his contract that says he needs to be on the team sheet so many times and paid so much of a bonus for playing....

can anyone confirm? Can't see any reason why he wouldn't even feature, waste of money if we aren't even giving him a chance 

I don't think anyone on here can confirm the details of his contract, but I do agree with the fact it seems like theres a financial reason why he's not playing. 

Think there was a piece a while back which said his wages would double or triple if he played a certain amount of games.

I think this is the reason why he isn't playing and it's also the reason why he will be out the door this summer, quite simply it's not financially viable.

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Think there was a piece a while back which said his wages would double or triple if he played a certain amount of games.

I think this is the reason why he isn't playing and it's also the reason why he will be out the door this summer, quite simply it's not financially viable.

If true, then its further evidence of the appalling policy that was in place last summer.

Why spend so much in fees & wages, on a player that you cannot afford to play? Makes no sense to me.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

He's played in 10 matches this season - no contract in the world would have a 'double your wages' clause after that amount of games. 30-40 matches possibly, but not 10.

I honestly think with his injuries this season, the powers that be don't want him fielded in case he gets a serious injury and therefore cannot cash in on him this summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He's played in 10 matches this season - no contract in the world would have a 'double your wages' clause after that amount of games. 30-40 matches possibly, but not 10.

Adama Traore is on course to become Aston Villa’s highest earner of around £75,000 a week after signing a heavily incentivised contract.

Traore, a £7 million summer signing from Barcelona, will see his pay almost double from the basic £40,000 a week he earns when he makes a set number of appearances this season.

The winger, 19, was one of Villa’s marquee signings ­under the former manager Tim Sherwood in August, ­despite only four appearances for Barcelona’s first team.

Alhough Traore has struggled to secure a regular place his salary will rocket to the top of the pay scale if he triggers a pre-agreed clause in the contract. Sources claim that it could even be passed after just 10 appearances.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11959012/Adama-Traore-on-course-to-become-Aston-Villas-highest-wage-earner-on-around-75k-a-week.html

Probably just a coincidence... but I wouldn't put it past this club.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

16 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

But I then also saw an article which showed his salary was nowhere near that! It was more indicative to it being RAISED to the rumor 40k per week. Anyway, who knows!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Yeah, the financial explanation doesn't make sense. If we can't play him no matter what because it would cost a fortune, we just wouldn't put him on the bench. I also don't believe anyone would put a clause in a contract stipulating an enormous payrise after ten games. Even this club isn't that stupid. To agree to that, you guarantee you're signing a player - for nearly £10m - that you can only play nine times. 

Â