Adama Traore

mwj

He also showed more trickery in the first 5 minutes of being on the pitch for us than gabby has shown in his whole career.

He's got a lot more than pace, even if he doesn't use it that effectively yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

All this 'play him as a striker'. Why?

He's a winger and a good one, with huge potential. Sure he's still raw, but he's got massive talent, so let's give him a chance to shine.

why is he a good winger? because he can knock the ball past his man and run really fast?

the kid needs game time and absolutely tons of coaching, if you look at his current playing style where he wants ball to feet, stand his defender up, knock it past him and run then he's better suited to being upfront, doing that from the halfway line on the right side rarely works, i think saying that it works 50% of the time is generous, he's a proper greedy bastard, its detrimental but exciting so he gets away with it

a huge difference for Traore development and Ashley Young development is that we had John Robertson here who was a good coach and a top class winger in his day who thought Young how and when to put in a cross.

Sadly nobody here at moment has that mind to help Traore 

He reminds me a lot of Gabby when he first came through...if you remember back then in 2006 Gabby mainly when he was out wide and got the ball just knocked it past the defender and ran.

After 6 months he started to play more centrally and so learnt how to do stuff like hold the ball up with his back to goal that Adama would have to if he was moved centrally.

The main difference is Gabby was given plenty of starts to prove his worth and improve, we were also in a relegation battle the season he broke through so you can't play the Adama would've been too risky in a relegation battle card.

I just find it baffling he hasn't had more minutes, still yet to start a league game which I find incredible. Yes he's had injuries and clearly not trusted by Garde and now seemingly Black but we are absolutely dogs***, can't score, are woeful counter attacking, just don't get it.

On 4/21/2016 at 11:34, Zatman said:

Lennon has been on fine form this season since he broke into Everton team after Christmas, would have been a good signing

He wouldn't have been a difference maker though, Everton don't win many games when he starts (not saying it's his fault) and he's setting up one of the best strikers in the league.

If Sherwood had got his way and signed Lennon, Cambiasso, Townsend, Dwight Gayle or whoever else he wanted, we would've still been in a serious relegation fight imo.

On 4/21/2016 at 17:06, tinker said:

I don't thing he will stand a chance in the championship, he's a one trick poney from what I have seen.  Looks nice but over 90 minutes he's a big overhead to carry in a league that's direct and frantic.

Whoever scouted this player should be picking players for an under 12's 5 a side tournament.

Barcelona saw us coming from a 1000 miles , buy back clause my arse .

Where's this idea come from that we were the only club interested in him, I actually give Reilly a pass on this deal.

Remember he was likely to go to Stoke before we came on to the scene, that would've probably been a better fit given likes of Aranutovic and Affellay who's careers were stalling have done well there, plenty of Spanish speakers in the dressing room.

If they'd signed him and he'd have been brilliant we'd never have heard the end of it on here about lack of ambition etc. 

I've seen enough to think he will be brilliant and creative in the championship.  Only question is his fitness a and how many donkey defenders will hack him down. 

What percentage of the time do the players picked ahead of him pull it off?

If by 'pull it off', you want it to relate to my actual post and mean 'not run into a dead end', I would say they 'pull it off' more often than Adama, when compared to how often they get the ball in an advanced position.

That doesn't, however, mean that our other players have as much pace, trickery or potential as Adama.

It's just that they know THEIR game better and therefore are probably able to use their skills and limitations to their advantage more than Adama currently does.

No doubt you'll disagree and guffaw at my post, stating that we would have survived relegation (and maybe won the league?) if Adama had played all year. Followed by the predictable 'well Sinclair and Richardson have done so much better haven't they?' comments.

Yeah, a post without caps issues. Well done you. 

Your post said you're concerned that 50% of the time he will do something wrong, a cross that goes for a goal kick or a run into a dead end. 

What do those other players pull off? How often do they beat a man? Get a good cross in? Create a chance?

You say they know they're limitations and I'd say that's a negative. I'd much rather a player be positive and try to create something and make something happen than take the safe easy option more because they know they're shit. 

I've never said we'd have survived or your other ridiculous suggestion.  But that doesn't matter 

Would like to see Traore starting today.

He has only had 184 minutes of premier league action and in that time he put in the cross that lead to the own goal against Palace and then got an assist against Sunderland.

For a team that lacks creativity and is poor offensively surely we should be giving this guy a chance.

However, Black has been negative in his approach to games so far so not expecting him to start which IMO is a shame.

• Like 1

What is abundantly clear is he will scare most defenders in the world with his ability to run past them. You'd have to be a supremely confident manager to not double up on him.

For that reason alone. Play him today. Put him in the shop window I guess

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

a huge difference for Traore development and Ashley Young development is that we had John Robertson here who was a good coach and a top class winger in his day who thought Young how and when to put in a cross.

Sadly nobody here at moment has that mind to help Traore 

Yes very true there was no better crosser of a ball than Robertson.Too much is made of Traore not being a team player. They should just let the lad go out there and play. If he loses the ball big deal, other players should cover. You need players that make things happen. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

If he doesn't start today then Eric Black is a **** shit word removed.

I think Black knows we would all like to watch Sinclair and Bacuna ahead of this lad ;)

52 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If he doesn't start today then Eric Black is a **** shit word removed.

Well he's been forced to not pick Richardson. I'm not holding much hope for Adama getting a chance though 

Â