Adama Traore

mwj

He absolutely should play from here on in, if at all possible. 

I think I've made clear that I think he's over-rated and that I don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as people on here think, but there's no reason for him not to be making match-day squads at this point. 

Put him upfront next to Gestede.  I'm sick of managers saying he doesn't track back. Well try him uprront then when he doesn't need to track back. It's clearly not in his game. He has speed and can finish. Can't be any worse than Agbonlahor 

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He absolutely should play from here on in, if at all possible. 

I think I've made clear that I think he's over-rated and that I don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as people on here think, but there's no reason for him not to be making match-day squads at this point. 

for all I've said in this thread, absolutely, he should play every minute remaining if he's fit. I hope the stuff about a contract increase is well wide of the mark.

If we want him to stay next season should we not be showing him that he's actually rated as a player. We've done nothing to show we have faith in him or rate him. Can't see why he'd want to stay, we're doing nothing to help him progress. 

He shouldn't have started or played a strong role from the bench whenever fit throughout the entire season, since he's the only player capable of causing genuine problems for the opposition. No argument against this is credible given what the player in his place have achieved/contributed this season. 

1 minute ago, Texas_Mike said:

He and Grealish are needed for the U21's. It would be a huge thing for the club to win promotion to U21 D1. I would rather that happens than they play 90 mins vs Southampton.

With the continued success of our U21 team we should seriously consider terminating the entire first team by lethal injection / sacking for gross misconduct and promote our youngsters. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3549335/Aston-Villa-set-increase-Adama-Traore-s-wages-40-000-60-000-despite-relegation-winger-s-clause-contract.html

Aston Villa may be forced to pay Adama Traore £60,000 per week in the Championship after it emerged the young winger does not have a relegation wage cut in his contract.
In another example of the mess that needs to be cleaned up behind the scenes, Sportsmail has learned that Adama managed to secure a lucrative deal that actually increases year on year and is unaffected by the drop.
Adama, who turned 20 in January, earned £40,000 per week while making 10 Premier League appearances, all off the bench, in Villa's season of shame – but he did score on his only start in the Capital One Cup win over Notts County.

Villa paid Barcelona £7million because of his exciting potential last summer and he has contributed a couple of thrilling assists. But both Tim Sherwood and Remi Garde viewed his talent as too raw for a more substantial role in Premier League football.
The signing was driven by head of recruitment Paddy Riley, who is believed to have pushed owner Randy Lerner to sanction the move because of interest from Stoke

Mark Hughes though is only thought to have viewed Adama, who played four times for Barcelona’s first team but the majority for the B side, as a promising squad player to develop and not value for money at the price Villa paid.
Villa will look for a buyer to take Adama this summer and he is also expected to want away rather than feature in England’s second tier. But his wages will prove an issue as they are scheduled to rise again for the 2017-18 season to £90,000 per week, in shades of Nikola Zigic at Birmingham City.

Most of Villa’s players do have wage cuts built into deals in the event of relegation, up to 50 per cent in cases, to cope with the huge drop in income – but around 500 full and part-time staff are expected to be made redundant to trim costs.

I'm absolutely convinced that if he stays (and plays) he can do what Tarrabt did for QPR a few years back in the championship. He runs round PL full backs for fun.

If he does that, then he is worth every penny of the 60k per week. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay him 60k per week, so he should stay 

Still think we should keep him. 

If he plays a season in the Championship we'll make back the money we pay him in wages by selling him next summer instead of this summer.

I'm all for this.. I know wages are an issue and will be a bigger issue in the Championship, but this kid makes running past players look easy. He only featured a few times this season but every time he did he always made a defender or two in the Premier League look stupid. So yes £60k a week for a 20 year old is nuts, but he could set the Championship on fire.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

£40,000/wk to £90,000/wk within 2 seasons?!

Well done that man's agent, well done.

Take a bow Tom Fox

reminds me of that Seth Johnson/Peter Ridsdale story when they went in looking for 15k and Leeds offered 30 so the agent asked for 40k and got it

Â