Adama Traore

mwj

If they are doing fans player of the year this year, then I'm voting for this guy.

He does more in 5 minute cameos than the rest have done all season.

• Like 3

Why would anybody agree to this?

Regardless of ability, you don't just lump automatic rises into a pissing contract regardless of performance. It is exactly like the Zigic deal which even 5 years ago had me scratching my head at why somebody would agree to it?

If he was wage increase of playing for his country, fair enough, bonuses based on winning something or qualifying for something, fair enough....but an automatic wage rise no matter what is utterly **** retarded.

With everything that has gone on, the lessons every club has provided on contracts we have learnt nothing.

We are an absolute shit show.

We need to look at this "pay rise" thing from another angle. He was/is a very highly rated youngster from Barcelona (Although it the B team). There was quite a bit of interest in him, and he must have been seen as a future star, or a sound financial investment at the very least. It comes down to how badly we wanted him, we obviously did not expect to struggle as much as we have this season, or end up relegated, neither us, nor the board did. It still may turn out to be a good investment, I think some of us have forgotten that we have two serious potential gems in both him and Amavi, well at least according to Fifa Career mode anyway!

• Like 1

I guess the club are not playing him in the hope that he will demand a move because of a lack of first team games and to remove his wages off the books. If we do sell him we really need to get a sell on clause inserted in the deal because he has the potential to cost a lot of money in the future.

I agree that he could be too hot for clubs in our new league to handle and he might just have a big part to play in getting us promoted (if he did it would be money well spent). I would rather be paying these high wages to him next season than to our club captain or N'Zog for example. 

I guess we went for him and his potential rather than Townsend (who would have been first team ready) on the grounds that he cost half the money, would be on similar wages and had a bigger likely re-sale value.  

Edited by John

I just don't understand why we would have done this at a time when we were trying to cut back. We needed someone for NOW not for the future let alone a hugely paid player who MIGHT come good in the future.  Utter madness 

Yep, we sign every player in the squad up to contracts that have relegation pay cut clauses in them, including handing out new 5 year deals to shite like bacuna in order to get the clause in...but this kid we've stuck a mega money clause...it goes against the logic of everything else that we know is going on

He was/is a very highly rated youngster from Barcelona (Although it the B team).

By who? Not sure if we got excited signing a kid from barca when in reality we signed a kid from the piss poor bottom of the league barca b team

He's nowhere near the barca team, any notion of them having is back is utter nonsense, he's nowhere near good enough

Ray W on Talk Sport said that it was a toss up between Adama and Aaron Lennon who came and "the Club" went for Adama.   Alan Brazil questioned "the Club"? and Ray said firmly "The Club"  !    

5 minutes ago, Hev said:

Ray W on Talk Sport said that it was a toss up between Adama and Aaron Lennon who came and "the Club" went for Adama.   Alan Brazil questioned "the Club"? and Ray said firmly "The Club"  !    

So expensive, overrated winger or expensive, raw winger.

4 hours ago, Hev said:

Hmmm. "The club". Could this be 

(a) Tim Sherwood who, according to many is personally responsible for selecting the 2015-6 squad, or

(b ) Tom Fox, Henrik Almstadt and Paddy Riley?

He flatters to deceive but he really might work in the Championship.

We will need at least one player with some flair, they aren't easy to find, so I'd risk keeping him.  There is a chance he could be worth his money, whereas there is no chance most the others will be.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lennon has been on fine form this season since he broke into Everton team after Christmas, would have been a good signing

He would have done 10 times more than Adama has done for us this season anyway.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lennon has been on fine form this season since he broke into Everton team after Christmas, would have been a good signing

I actually think this season would have been considerably different if Sherwood was able to sign Lennon, Townsend, and Adebayor. We'd certainly be around bottom of the table, but I think we'd have more points and a few more goals. We completely lack experience in the striker position, and our only experienced winger is goddamn Sinclair. 

Â