Adama Traore

mwj

If you want an example of why he was used sparingly by managers, watch the U21 highlights against West Ham. 3.50 into the video, 15.00 into the match. It's exactly why managers would think he's very dangerous going forward but I can't afford a mistake like that in the premier league. You have to figure he's the same in training too.

Cue the 'playing with worse players' or 'it couldn't be worse than the current players' comments...

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Cue the 'playing with worse players' or 'it couldn't be worse than the current players' comments...

Cue the' we're much better off with Sinclair and Richardson not making mistakes' comments ....

Edited by DCJonah

Even though I've never said that Jonah? I've always just given my reasoning for giving the managers the benefit of the doubt when not picking him.

Have a watch of the U21 highlights if you haven't already.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Even though I've never said that Jonah? I've always just given my reasoning for giving the managers the benefit of the doubt when not picking him.

Have a watch of the U21 highlights if you haven't already.

Won't show me anything I don't know. I know he's no where near the finished product and will make mistakes. 

Go and watch highlights of pretty much any game this season, to see what an attacking joke of a club and we are. 

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Garde was playing Gil, Ayew and Veretout in those positions, not Richardson and Sinclair.

but he played them 2 in the must win Norwich game at Carrow Road while Traore, Grealish and even Gil(who I dont rate but is better than them 2 clowns) were on the bench

Show Premier League

Aston Villa1-1West Ham

Sat 26 Dec Full time Report
Show Premier League

Newcastle1-1Aston Villa

Sat 19 Dec Full time Report
Show Premier League

Aston Villa0-2Arsenal

Sun 13 Dec Full time Report
Show Premier League

Southampton1-1Aston Villa

Sat 5 Dec Full time Report

We'd got 3 draws in 4 games at that point after the shittest start to a season ever with Ayew looking by far the most dangerous player we had in those games, playing in Adama's position. Adama was brought on late into the West Ham game. He was then given over half an hour in the Norwich and Sunderland games, taken off with an injury in the dying seconds off the Sunderland game - which is why he didn't play the *Wycombe and subsequent matches, that we won, drew and won.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I cant watch the U21 video but I bet he makes less mistakes ( bearing in mind he is not the finished product ) than the experianced players we watch every week.

This is the thing. Some are so concerned about his mistakes he MIGHT make while the players that are playing are making mistakes week in week out. so strange.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

This is the thing. Some are so concerned about his mistakes he MIGHT make while the players that are playing are making mistakes week in week out. so strange.

People disagree with you, including managers.  So strange.

• Like 1

are they making them in U21 matches under no pressure?

You're making at as if it was a mental decision to not play him. He's been brought in slowly due to being entirely unproven and then got injured. Completely understandable from the managers and not a stick to beat them with. Plenty of other more legitimate sticks out there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Show Premier League

Aston Villa1-1West Ham

Sat 26 Dec Full time Report
Show Premier League

Newcastle1-1Aston Villa

Sat 19 Dec Full time Report
Show Premier League

Aston Villa0-2Arsenal

Sun 13 Dec Full time Report
Show Premier League

Southampton1-1Aston Villa

Sat 5 Dec Full time Report

We'd got 3 draws in 4 games at that point after the shittest start to a season ever with Ayew looking by far the most dangerous player we had in those games, playing in Adama's position. Adama was brought on late into the West Ham game. He was then given over half an hour in the Norwich and Sunderland games, taken off with an injury in the dying seconds off the Sunderland game - which is why he didn't play the Norwich match.

he didnt play the Norwich match because he got injured a game later?

No, we're doing what most football fans do, weighing up the positives and negatives of all the players available, and considering those against the team which has been picked to play.

Just because the selected players and their 'negatives' haven't kept us in the league, doesn't mean that Adama and his 'negatives' would have.

We could all look back on the season and ask why we haven't played Keinan Davis in the place of every appearance that Gestede has made, but it doesn't mean that we'd have done any better, it doesn't mean we definitely would have survived relegation and it shouldn't be used as a massive stick to beat the manager with.

Adama is, unfortunately, more 'potential' than he is 'proven', which is why most managers will go with 'proven' - even if those proven players haven't managed to keep us up.

• Like 1

No they're making them in the league and have relegated us because of them

How is that relevant? you think Adama is going to make equal or less mistakes in the premier league?

It is amazing that you can't see how it's completely understandable to not just throw a dangerous but error prone player who isn't fully match fit, coming back from injuries that are easily exacerbated, into 90 mins of premier league football where he's going to be targeted by the opposition.

• Like 1

Â