Rudy Gestede

midian

Blackburn Rovers must actually have the best crossers of the ball / wingers around if they can somehow manage to get this useless turd to actually score 20 goals in a season!?!?

Edited by GasGasGas
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

He got a 1 in 2 record two seasons in a row for Blackburn tbf. 

I've defended him in the past because we weren't helping him by leaving him so isolated but he was an absolute disgrace today, he has no ability and zero footballing intelligence. I'd see if Blackburn want him back at half price, id rather play one of the kids at least they will move. 

2005–2010 Metz B 27 (3)
2007–2011 Metz 28 (3)
2009–2010  Cannes (loan) 22 (4)
2011–2014 Cardiff City 55 (7)
2013–2014  Blackburn Rovers (loan) 6 (1)
2014–2015 Blackburn Rovers 60 (32)
2015– Aston Villa 20 (3

I feel sorry for Rudy. His natural instinct tells him to attack the near post but, as this footage from his childhood shows, his junior football coach wasn't one for taking risks.

giphy.gif

Can't blame him for playing like he does really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Away fans not happy with his contribution...

Edit: there is a video on twitter of fans abusing him, can't seem to manage to add it...

https://twitter.com/BWC_19

There is another one when they're getting on the coach and it looks like he is laughing at the fans or something, somebody says "do you find it funny?"

I dunno, he doesn't move at all in the box, thought he might be able to do a job for us but right now he looks like he caught a glimpse of Medusa. 

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

There is another one when they're getting on the coach and it looks like he is laughing at the fans or something, somebody says "do you find it funny?"

I dunno, he doesn't move at all in the box, thought he might be able to do a job for us but right now he looks like he caught a glimpse of Medusa. 

Yeah, we are not playing to his strength , but my god he is sure not playing like someone who want's to score goals.

He just stands there marking the other teams CB, ffs at least make a run or get caught offside.

Do something!

• Like 1

Simply not good enough and he's not getting any support from the fans who attend.

It will only get worse the more he's paraded on the pitch and he'll become a Heskey/Harewood type figure of derision and mockery.

Best thing is to keep him on the bench until next season.

I cannot see him turning it around - today he was out thought, out manoeuvred and out played by a lump of a league 2 centre half.

Kozak must be scratching his head

I keep being told he's good in the air but that's it... I don't even get the 'good in the air' bit.  He doesn't win a majority of his headers, there is little direction to them if he does. He doesn't attack crosses and gets out muscled at corners. I'd say he isn't even Villa's best player in the air.

Add to that the fact he doesn't make runs, he has an awful touch, he can't hold up the ball and actually is one of the few players I don't think is even trying (I believe most are trying they're just very limited by ability) then he is an absolute waste of space as a squad player, never mind a starter.

Kozak, Gabby offer more. Youngsters would at least get experience. Callum Robinson and Villa would be better served by offering him starts rather than Gestede, even though he may never meet the grade either.

Defining day for Rudy in my opinion.

Barely troubled a League Two defence other than a deflected shot that clipped the bar.

Doesn't offer anything in terms of link up and his work-rate is dreadful.

He was up against two classic lower league centre halves that are big, strong and physical. Got nothing out of them. Very worrying

• Like 3

He is awful, but if we aren't going to play to his one strength he shouldn't take all of the blame. There were a number of times where we could have put in a high cross for him but didn't.

To be fair he had two good chances with his head v West Ham and missed them both. The whole reason he is in the team is for aerial presence, as he offers little else. If he's missing chances with his head, then I don't see the argument for starting him

• Like 3

Â