Rudy Gestede

midian

Only showed the slighest of interest when the ball went wide to the forwards. Was weak as piss, had no interest in holding the ball up for his teammates. Clearly didn't fancy getting kicked for the side. I think the equaliser was from him again not showing for the ball...but please correct me if I am mistaken.

Always on his heels, zero anticipation, bit of a sulker to me...and he had the audacity to moan at Sinclair's movement after his garbage pass.

Very worrying. It appears that unless we're chipping the ball right on to his head he's not going to offer much. 

I felt his performance was lazy and totally lacking in striking prowess. His movement is absolutely poor, he never seems to be near the ball when it's crossed into the box. He always seems to be marked out the game and worryingly seems to lose most of his key aerial battles. On top of that he looks slow and his touch his touch just doesn't seem to be there.  

Cant do anything except headers.

To the contrary, I thought he showed some nice touches.  In particular, with the Richards chance, he played a lovely lay-off into Gueye's(?) path.

Like Benteke, though, if you're not going to whip crosses in then what is the point in playing with such a target-man of a striker?

Edited by bobzy

Some nice knock downs in the box but overall poor.

I think we've **** up. I think we signed Gestede as back up and Ayew as potential because we were confident of Adebayor coming in as our main striker.

Gestede can't be our main striker if he plays like that.

• Like 2

Some nice knock downs in the box but overall poor.

I think we've **** up. I think we signed Gestede as back up and Ayew as potential because we were confident of Adebayor coming in as our main striker.

Gestede can't be our main striker if he plays like that.

I think the combined fee for both was a **** up. Benteke's position was the one position which we really needed to nail - spend more than we usually do in order to sign a player that will score goals at this level. Anything else was too much of a gamble. 

I thought Gestede did okay today. Needs to hold the ball up better for me tho, I feel like it should stick more, when it comes to Gestede. However, he showed some nice touches, and created a good chance for Westwood right at the end. He wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be, he was fine. Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing how Kozak does instead of him

I thought Gestede did okay today. Needs to hold the ball up better for me tho, I feel like it should stick more, when it comes to Gestede. However, he showed some nice touches, and created a good chance for Westwood right at the end. He wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be, he was fine. Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing how Kozak does instead of him

He was up against JO'S and Kaboul...and for me that performance is as bad as it gets.

Think Bowery had more effective performances. He just looked slow.. weak and couldnt control.

I am not writing him off but begining to think his debut goal was just a fluke. Hasnt shown much since.

Â