Rudy Gestede

midian

How have people got such a high opinion of Kozak after about 5 competitive games. Yes he scored a few goals but his general game was pretty poor. Get the Rude boy in!!

Edit: in fact I'm starting to think the fans favourites are the ones that don't play!!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

This thread went full gay there.

Back on topic, liked the look of him last season and it's good that we'll have plenty of options.

You obviously haven't seen full gay
I tend to operate at half gay.

I tone down to about 10% gay Monday thru Thursday

Ratchet it up a tad to about 30% gay on a Friday morning and then up to about 56% on a Friday night.

Saturday morning though I go full gay, by Sunday tea time it's back down to about 50% ready for Monday

You should try being more Rudy Gaysteady...

Don't worry I'll GTFO.

I liked it because you stopped me from posting it

• Like 1

Kozak, Ayew, Ade & Gestede - no room at the inn for Gabby! Looks like he needs to step up or move on.

If we get adebayor and gestede(which it looks like we are close to both) I don't see gabby being the one to lose out or anyone tbh.

Kozak adebayor and gestede are all 'big men' or focal points for the attack, even if kozak isn't your typical target man and could play on their own(kozak less so) or with a partner.

Gabby and ayew are all about pace.

Ayew and gabby will either be played as wingers, in a 3 behind the main striker(one of the 3 above), or play up top with one of the big men, In which case gabby will be ayew's back up or vice versa.

So imo if Sherwood has any plans of playing 2 up top this season gabby will be going nowhere.

Fwiw watched a bit of gestede last year, and he would be a good signing imo. At 6m I think that's a pretty good price considering the season he just had.

• Like 1

Assuming these latest links go through, after the back 4 and GK, we have to pool any 6 from this little lot:

Adebayor

Gestede

Kozak

Gil

Grealish

Veretout

Ayew

Gabby

Sinclair

Gueye

Westwood

Sanchez

And possibly Bacuna, if he's not playing RB

On paper, that is some squad compared to last season. I wouldn't like to guess at the preferred formation but would like, at some point to have a look at Adebayor & Gestede playing together (obviously assuming that they both sign.

27 and unproven in the top flight. Like the look of him but he's not a young talent and he's not experienced. I guess what he will be is desperate to succeed at the top level. Barring last season (where his record was excellent) he's been quite mediocre.

Looking forward to seeing what he can offer though.

Some truly atrocious defending in that video but showed good heading and some well poached goals. Get him in!

I thought that - luckily everyone from 8th place down will be just as bad at defending.

27 and unproven in the top flight. Like the look of him but he's not a young talent and he's not experienced. I guess what he will be is desperate to succeed at the top level. Barring last season (where his record was excellent) he's been quite mediocre.

Looking forward to seeing what he can offer though.

Thing is there's no pressure on him. If we do get Ade then he'll probably be a sub. Definitely not the spearhead though.

lets see- oldish player from a lower league scores a hatful of goals (1in2). Not impressed not what we need (say some).

We buy a younger player from a similar level league who had no experience but overnight became world class and had quite a few saying not good enough at the beginning.

How about giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Let's see and 6m is better value than overpriced Austin and 85k wages!

Â