Rudy Gestede

midian

I'm not a big fan of 4-4-2, but thinking about having Gueye and Veretout in centre-mid, with Grealish and Ayew on the wings and Adebayor and Gestede upfront is making me salivate.

I'm not a big fan of 4-4-2, but thinking about having Gueye and Veretout in centre-mid, with Grealish and Ayew on the wings and Adebayor and Gestede upfront is making me salivate.

Well at least it's better than jizzing. Place is getting messy and sticky on here.

I have a feeling Gestede could be our top scorer.

Me too, he has kind of slipped under the radar with everything else going on but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends being one the best signings. Going to be very competitive now up front which will keep them all on their toes....

Well at least it's better than jizzing. Place is getting messy and sticky on here.

Surely it should have been "Plaice".  

Who is Scubasteve????

Newquay foxes avatar is handsome.

Edited by Sid4ever

We should also sign one of the players who assisted majority of his goals from Blackburn. Some wicked crosses. I hear Veretout is good on set pieces.

Seen this a few times that he's only had one good season and I have no idea where it's coming from. He scored 13 in 27 games in the 13/14 season for Christ sake, and he was a substitute in 6 of those.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 3

Austin has a pedigree though. He's been a goalscoring machine for a few seasons now. Gestede has had one good season in the Championship.

He's also rumoured to have a hole in his knee as well

Seen this a few times that he's only had one good season and I have no idea where it's coming from. He scored 13 in 27 games in the 13/14 season for Christ sake, and he was a substitute in 6 of those.

Didn't realise that. Fair enough.

Love how physical he plays and his size. Mauler! Hopefully can learn a lot from Adebayor.

Mauler!  I remember once, maybe during a friendly (?), Neil Ruddock wearing a shirt sporting the name 'Razor'.  There was a fine afterwards.  None of that in Blighty, thank you very much!  With the money we're frisbeeing around of late I'm sure Randy could afford just one mad game of nothing but hard bastard prison nicknames on the back.  Let's say we do it when we play...hmmm.... let's say Liverpool.

Yep. The reservations about the level he's played at I understand. But his goal scoring record has been pretty damn good for a while now. As pointed out earlier...

With Blackburn in Championship

14/15 - 135 mins per goal (20 in 39 apps, 4 asst)

13/14 - 131 mins per goal (13 in 27 apps, 3 asst)

With Cardiff in Championship

12/13 - 182 mins per goal (5 in 27 apps, 3 asst)

11/12 - 789 mins per goal (1 in 25 apps, 3 asst)

With Metz in Ligue 2

10/11 - 188 mins per goal (3 in 11 apps)

Â