Rudy Gestede

midian

Seems clear that if you play to his strengths he will score goals. If he was the only striker we had I'd be concerned we had just tried to replace Benteke's aerial presence but with players capable of scoring and creating from different areas now I reckon he will be a great asset.

• Like 2

Seems clear that if you play to his strengths he will score goals. If he was the only striker we had I'd be concerned we had just tried to replace Benteke's aerial presence but with players capable of scoring and creating from different areas now I reckon he will be a great asset.

This! I think he's a better option than trying to force Weimann into Sherwood's style of play

Edited by Tubby

Showing my age now, but 'Oooooh, I could crush a grape...'

Welcome Rudy - all you have to do is pass the 'cough and drop' and sign on.

I have no real clue as to how good most of our incoming signings are this season - but for some reason, supporting Villa feels like that old Cadbury Crunchie advert - the one with the chocolate roller coaster... COYVB - CTFO...

We need to adapt this to somehow fit in with a good football chant for him, it's certainly an apt song now until he's over the line :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbqiCxEIeEo

• Like 2

I always find that its good to look at the reaction of the clubs fans on hearing news on a player leaving as to how good a player is. 

In saying that Gestede leaving has barely caused a ripple in the few forums ive read, and all the owners bang on about is not losing Rhodes.

Wonder how high they actually rate him?

Beatles Hey Jude...

Hey Rudy, Don't make us sad

Just score a Hatrick & make us ha aapy

Remember, the Lambert years were just pain

so go n make your name  

& make it better, better better better...

Hey Rudy.....Repeat

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Beatles Hey Jude...

so go n make your name  

Hey Rudy.....Repeat

no no no. Hey Jude is almost on par with Wonderwall in terms of annoying bonfire singalongs.

Edited by osmark86

His goals - lots of headers and tap-ins.

What's wrong with headed goals? It's a repeatable skill.
I couldn't give a toss if they come off his arse. It's the "lots" bit I'm interested in. If he scores 15 goals he'll have had a good season.

Beatles Hey Jude...

so go n make your name  

Hey Rudy.....Repeat

Jude has 1 syllable.

Rudy has 2.

I don't even

Christ i don't need a school lesson it was only a suggestion  :rolleyes:

I always find that its good to look at the reaction of the clubs fans on hearing news on a player leaving as to how good a player is. 

I always find that it's not good to do that.

Really!

Obviously a lot of the time comments have to be taken with the understanding that they will be emotional, but I cant think of a better way to judge the player other than by the fans who watch him every week.

Â