Rudy Gestede

midian

I don't want him simply because I don't like 4-4-2 or this kind of player in a 4-2-3-1.

I also don't rate him that much.

That said, i'll get right behind him.

UTV

If he sticks the ball in the net I don't care what formation he plays in to be honest. :D 

His striker rate for Blackburn is comparable to Benteke's for us, but Gestede plays in a lower division. He could turn into our Austin or Ings, but that is rare. Typically when strikers make the leap up, they tend to score fewer goals. Don't see the point in this signing when we have Adebayor coming in, Ayew just signed, Kozak doing very well in preseason, and Agbonlahor still being a statue. 

If he signs he'll expose our lack of crossing ability but any ball, no matter how crappy will be a danger if it's head height He's very good at winning nothing crosses.

I'd definitely take him for £6million, though my god what is all this immobile striker talk.

From preseason it seems Robinson's attitude has given us some clues and Sherwood will try to create chances the old fashioned way. Whether that'll be Robinson or other I can see us playing off a big man and creating secondary chances with a forward getting into the box to put in a cross.

We haven't tried that for quite some time.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

I ain't of fan of buying loads of average players to replace world class internationals. I always feel it's better to try and get one or two big proven players to replace. History says I'm right therefore I can't give this my seal of approval. 

His goals - lots of headers and tap-ins. 

Although I always compare these youtube vids for strikers to Benteke, his highlights reel is something good.

I suspect Blackburn are very happy with £6 million. 

I ain't of fan of buying loads of average players to replace world class internationals. I always feel it's better to try and get one or two big proven players to replace. History says I'm right therefore I can't give this my seal of approval.

Although I always compare these youtube vids for strikers to Benteke, his highlights reel is something good.

Are you con in disguise?

From what I've seen so far most seem sad about his departure.

I bet you said similar when we signed Benteke from Gent.

• Like 3

If he signs he'll expose our lack of crossing ability but any ball, no matter how crappy will be a danger if it's head height He's very good at winning nothing crosses.

I'd definitely take him for £6million, though my god what is all this immobile striker talk.

From preseason it seems Robinson's attitude has given us some clues and Sherwood will try to create chances the old fashioned way. Whether that'll be Robinson or other I can see us playing off a big man and creating secondary chances with a forward getting into the box to put in a cross.

We haven't tried that for quite some time.

We signing Ciro? didnt he just go on loan to Sevilla?

Brum mail have dubbed him 'The Benin Benteke'. No pressure then.

He really puts the Ben in BENteke

Banned from VillaTalk

Bit harsh.......I thought it was fairly quick.......

Edited by bannedfromHandV

Tim, you'll have to cancel this transfer mate sorry.

• Like 2

Â