Rudy Gestede

midian

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I know what some of the critics amongst us say......and to be fair, they are right.

.......but I really want this player to do well for us.

I want all players to do well for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Replacing him is a priority but does have a role to play as a squad player. 

I agree, we could probably sneak into play-offs if we are relying on him all season but an improvement should fire us to promotion

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Interested to see how he does now we have a proper winger 

I wonder how often we will actually see it? 

Assessing our squad and the possible formations after Adomah and Kodjia have come in, Gestede only really features as backup imo. 

Last season, it was frustrating watching him. We would have had the same effect if we just replaced him with a 6 foot pole and tried to rebound off that. However, I believe there is a good player in there somewhere, its just a matter of breaking him out. While he is out, I could lend him an anatomy and physiology textbook, so he can read up on feet and how to use them. Wish him the best, and a good recovery.

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

Last season, it was frustrating watching him. We would have had the same effect if we just replaced him with a 6 foot pole and tried to rebound off that. 

Agreed.

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

However, I believe there is a good player in there somewhere, its just a matter of breaking him out. 

Errrm not sure we agree anymore.

8 minutes ago, AJ said:

While he is out, I could lend him an anatomy and physiology textbook, so he can read up on feet and how to use them.

I think we are agreeing again?

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Wish him the best, and a good recovery.

We definitely agree on something :P

He has been shite against every team apart from Rotherham (one of the worst in the division) thus far. He will take his rightful place on the bench now we have Kodjia. Don't get me wrong, Gestede will contribute this season but in my mind he's a very limited and ultimately poor player.

Â