Rudy Gestede

midian

On 05/12/2016 at 21:02, TRO said:

Rudy needs to learnt the art of working his opposite number.

He is never going to be the silky skilled striker, but he needs to apply himself to suit what he does best....physically impose himself.

He needs to bully the centre Halves and bring in the the other forwards with less physical prowess.

He is picked for a particular reason.....He needs to live up to that.

Agree with you totally TRO but he's what? 28?

if he hasn't mastered basic stuff like this by his age, I'd say he never will.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently he is off to West Brom in Jan..... 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2438255/rudy-gestede-set-to-join-west-brom-from-aston-villa-in-7m-deal-in-january/

"

Rudy Gestede is on his way to West Brom
REUTERS

Rudy Gestede is on his way to West Brom

Gestede, 28, has scored only four times for Villa this season but has been constantly watched by Pulis.

The Benin forward has also been attracting interest from Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough.

Gestede is understood to have attended Boro’s 3-0 home defeat to Liverpool last week.

New Villa boss Steve Bruce has identified in-form Bees striker Hogan as Gestede’s replacement.

French Ligue 1 -21st December 2016, 19:50
Bastia v Marseille
Match Result
Bastia
11/5
Draw
21/10
Marseille
11/8
Correct Score
Bastia
1-0
7/1
Marseille
1-0
11/2
Bastia
2-0
12/1
Marseille
2-0
9/1
Bastia
2-1
11/1
Marseille
2-1
9/1

After dropping into non-League football with Woodley Sports in the Northern Premier League, Hogan, 24, is enjoying an impressive rise through the ranks.

He has already scored 13 times this season and although he is also wanted by Reading and Bristol City, would move to Villa.

Gestede has only scored four times for Villa this season but will leave for £7m
REUTERS

Gestede has only scored four times for Villa this season but will leave for £7m

Villa want Brentford's Scott Hogan to replace Gestede
ACTION IMAGES

Villa want Brentford’s Scott Hogan to replace Gestede

Brentford could also lose Alan Judge to Newcastle
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

Brentford could also lose Alan Judge to Newcastle

Hogan – who missed nearly two years of football with anterior cruciate ligament damage – recently revealed he has ambitions of playing in the Premier League.

He said: “I don’t want to be in the Championship long – I want to play in the Premier League”.

Villa boss Bruce is also keen to push through a deal to bring in Arsenal’s Carl Jenkinson on loan to help his side’s promotion push

Brentford could also lose midfielder Alan Judge to Newcastle next month for £600,000.

The Bees are currently 14th in the Championship table.

They sit nine points off the play-off spots."

Edited by TheStagMan

Honestly, why on earth Pulis thinks that's a good idea god only knows. He's nowhere near good enough for a mid table premier league side. 

Can't control, can't hold it up, can't pass, can't shoot. Will win the occasional header, which will normally go to the opposition. Will score the occasional goal with his head, but when was the last time you saw him attack anything in the box with conviction? 

I'll be astounded if it happens, particularly if we get actual money for him. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Honestly, why on earth Pulis thinks that's a good idea god only knows. He's nowhere near good enough for a mid table premier league side. 

Can't control, can't hold it up, can't pass, can't shoot. Will win the occasional header, which will normally go to the opposition. Will score the occasional goal with his head, but when was the last time you saw him attack anything in the box with conviction? 

I'll be astounded if it happens, particularly if we get actual money for him. 

Gestede will fit really well into Pulis's 10-0-1 formation haha

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Gestede seems like a perfect fit for Pulis, and the way his team play. I also happen to believe we too still could have some use for Gestede, but then again I'm not against a better replacement, which shouldn't be all that hard to find.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

If be amazed if we get anything above 2m for him it would be astonishing business. 

Agreed. I'd take £2m to be fair. 

Â