Rudy Gestede

midian

Fair play,  he came off the bench today and took his chance.  Long may he do well when he comes on. . It's going to be a long season with a lot of matches with bans and injuries,  teams which have a strong bench will do well. 

I think that we all have to remind ourselves that this league doesn't have the calibre of defenders that Gestede would have faced in the Premier League, hence he scored a lot of goals a couple of seasons ago. We may see Rudy prove to be very important to us this season, especially during AFCON if he doesn't go. 

• Like 1

At the very least he's a great option to bring off the bench.

3 hours ago, villarocker said:

I think that we all have to remind ourselves that this league doesn't have the calibre of defenders that Gestede would have faced in the Premier League, hence he scored a lot of goals a couple of seasons ago. We may see Rudy prove to be very important to us this season, especially during AFCON if he doesn't go. 

Benin aren't in the AFCON next year which is great for us. :thumb:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

At the very least he's a great option to bring off the bench.

Benin aren't in the AFCON next year which is great for us. :thumb:

Thank god. We would have been very short if Ayew, Gestede, Adamoah and Codger all went to the terrible AFCON.

I've criticised this bloke more than most. He was completely out of his league last season, and i took his record for Blackburn with a pinch of salt given his career record is largely atrocious bar that 1 good season. 

However, he has started the season very well indeed, so i must give credit where its due. I do wonder you know if its a confidence thing? Maybe after dropping back to the championship he has thought to himself

'you know what, i bullied this league a couple of years ago, I'm going to do it again'  

Maybe he didn't believe in himself that he could cut it in the PL. 

Edited by av1

A beautiful goal, and great footwork! I have been quite critical of him too, as he seemed to resemble a narcoleptic Ent more than a striker, but I am very much warming to him. He is doing very well, and good luck to him.

12 hours ago, av1 said:

I've criticised this bloke more than most. He was completely out of his league last season, and i took his record for Blackburn with a pinch of salt given his career record is largely atrocious bar that 1 good season. 

However, he has started the season very well indeed, so i must give credit where its due. I do wonder you know if its a confidence thing? Maybe after dropping back to the championship he has thought to himself

'you know what, i bullied this league a couple of years ago, I'm going to do it again'  

Also our team last season was utter wank... zero confidence and no creativity. Shit coaches and managers. Who knows.. if we go up he could still perform in the premier league. Happy to see him play well though.. he seems like a good guy off the field. Havent seen much of him this season but he does appear to be playing well besides the goals as well. Proper nuisance on Sunday. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, av1 said:

Maybe we've decided to cross the ball occasionally...?!

50 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Yes it's amazing how strikers will respond to a bit of creativity and attacking intent from further up the pitch isn't it?

This - he's far too limited to do that much himself but he can score goals if he gets the service. Lovely take against Forest.

On 9/12/2016 at 15:40, av1 said:

I agree with that....I have also noticed a bit more of an "Eye of the Tiger" about him.....not getting carried away , but Andy Gray like in his approach.

Yes should never be a starter for me unless we are very depleted. Should only be brought on as an impact player when we need a other option to change the game. 

The experiment today totally failed for me. 

Hardly anything stuck to him,  fluffed his shot,  missed a load of flick ons and when he did win them no one picked them up. 

May as well have not been on the pitch. 

Â