Rudy Gestede

midian

1 hour ago, NIVillan said:

Think he needs confidence and a team that actually has a plan and system, which we of course we lacked last season.

He battered a Liverpool defense a couple of seasons back in the FA Cup.

Not picking on you NIVillan but this winds me up. He looked a handful in a televised game. He battered no-one. The game finished 0-0 ffs.

He's a handy player.  He's shown that he's more than capable in the air and that alone is a huge bonus for any team.  I'm not sure he should be first choice every single game, but he has a big part to play this season and offers something different to McCormack/Ayew/Kodjia - that variation is a good thing.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Not picking on you NIVillan but this winds me up. He looked a handful in a televised game. He battered no-one. The game finished 0-0 ffs.

So you didnt disagree with the first bit :)

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

He's a handy player.  He's shown that he's more than capable in the air and that alone is a huge bonus for any team.  I'm not sure he should be first choice every single game, but he has a big part to play this season and offers something different to McCormack/Ayew/Kodjia - that variation is a good thing.

Agreed. There will be certain times where we will play to his strengths, particularly if/when Amavi gets back on form. I think he will get enough game time to prove himself to RDM

• Like 1

On 4/9/2016 at 17:55, Dr_Pangloss said:

He has been shite against every team apart from Rotherham (one of the worst in the division) thus far. He will take his rightful place on the bench now we have Kodjia. Don't get me wrong, Gestede will contribute this season but in my mind he's a very limited and ultimately poor player.

I wouldnt say he has been brilliant yet but watching Kozak vs Derby and our Bristol City performance I think he offers us more than people realise in this league

Fantastic finish from a half-chance. "If Ronaldo had done that", etc. I think he's a good player in the squad, definitely worth a few million. Put away more chances than McScoremack so far this season. Well done, Rudy.

Was it me or did he grab the player's neck during Aly's little scrap? Lucky to have avoided attention for that one.

5 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Really starting to see his potential and why he was signed now, he looks like a transformed player this season.

Confidence is huge in strikers - they thrive on goals and rudi will play a big part in ouR season - delighted to see him do well

• Like 2

Â