Rudy Gestede

midian

He's muck, is garde going to drop him or does he actually see something in him? Total disaster of a signing and I can't be arsed putting myself through watching us while he is on the pitch as it frustrates the life out of me. I keep hearing people saying he's our worst striker ever but I'd have to go beyond that and say he is our worst player ever...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, benireduk said:

To be fair he had two good chances with his head v West Ham and missed them both. The whole reason he is in the team is for aerial presence, as he offers little else. If he's missing chances with his head, then I don't see the argument for starting him

I don't disagree with that, but not giving him any chances to miss isn't a sound game plan either.

As bad as he is, he has still won more headers than any player in the league, and is third in Europe. So he is definitely a route one option. 

Pity Andre the giant has passed away, we could of got him in and he would be number 1 in Europe for headers won...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It seems he plays because he gives us an out ball; if you can't find a simple pass, get it into the box and aimed at Rudy.

That out ball isn't working - I think he needs some time out.

If this is all that he is supplying then surely Kozak could offer this and maybe more?

He tries at least. What is scary, is at the time we signed him I thought to myself it's the kind of striker promoted sides make. And often they don't score many goals but are a nuisance.

Gestede wasn't even a nuisance to a League 2 defence today. If this were a one off, you could give him the benefit of the doubt, however this is more of a indictment of his ability.

1 minute ago, AVFCAM said:

For a guy of his size, he's really shit in the air...

He wins pretty much every header but he has no ability to control where the ball goes after he heads it. Probably thinks as long as he gets his head to it that's his job done.

• Like 1

I don't get it, I watched Blackburn vs Liverpool in the cup either least season or the season before and he was bullying defenders, proper getting in their faces and constantly competing for headers. Even at the start of the season he wasn't doing that for us..

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He wins pretty much every header but he has no ability to control where the ball goes after he heads it. Probably thinks as long as he gets his head to it that's his job done.

His head is like a 50p, the ball just bounces everywhere 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, benireduk said:

Both are one dimensional.

If we played with 2 up front they probably wouldn't be a bad partnership.

was going to say that they prob be a very good partnership

Â