Rudy Gestede

midian

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

A player who is summed up by his pathetic attempt to catch the ball after scoring.

One of the jammiest goals I've ever witnessed that I won't be reading too much into.

Remarkable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

A player who is summed up by his pathetic attempt to catch the ball after scoring.

One of the jammiest goals I've ever witnessed that I won't be reading too much into.

You are obviously someone very happy to criticize a crap showing but can't find it in you to acknowledge a better showing. Enjoy your day Mr. Happy!!

Just now, Texas_Mike said:

You are obviously someone very happy to criticize a crap showing but can't find it in you to acknowledge a better showing. Enjoy your day Mr. Happy!!

More than happy to acknowledge a better showing. Yesterday wasn't it. Leicester were somehow worse than us. A very poor football game with zero quality - shown with both goals and the penalty. 

17 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think he should play against West Brom as Kozak's partner, and we should just play direct and let Ayew and the midfield support.

Don't disagree with this, although I would stick with the team that beat Palace to start. We have got to improve our delivery from out wide.  How many times did our crosses fail to beat the first man - criminal when we have these two waiting in the box!!

I actually thought he wasn't that bad tonight. He won a lot of flick-ons and put himself about, and he did well for the second goal. There was one moment when he was caught offside, clearly literally daydreaming, which was irritating, but otherwise one of his better games.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I actually thought he wasn't that bad tonight. He won a lot of flick-ons and put himself about, and he did well for the second goal. There was one moment when he was caught offside, clearly literally daydreaming, which was irritating, but otherwise one of his better games.

Would that be his first offside if the season?

Can't remember him being offside before as he's usually busy marking the opponents CB's

I'm not sure, but it was deeply irritating. I actually don't mind when players are caught offside, and know that they're offside, because then I understand that it was a mistake, a mis-timing, and that happens. Gestede looked around with a dopey 'who, me?' look plastered over his coupon despite their whole back four standing in a straight line about five yards further up the pitch. 

Still, apart from that, not too bad :P

• Like 1

Was it just me that noticed or did he try to break the record for the longest step over in history tonight in the second half? Quite far away in the holte but it looked ridiculous from where I was, in fact it looked just downright wierd! Never want to see him try that shit again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Was it just me that noticed or did he try to break the record for the longest step over in history tonight in the second half? Quite far away in the holte but it looked ridiculous from where I was, in fact it looked just downright wierd! Never want to see him try that shit again.

bet it was better than this 

Â