Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

Most versatile midfielder we have. Excellent game today and covered every single blade of grass, tackled well, passing is the best in the team and was unlucky not to score second half. Had a feeling he would come good after seeing him against Notts County as he reminded me of Milner and nothing he has done has changed my opinion. I am really enjoying watching him game by game get better and better. MOMT imo. 

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's a fabulous player, he's got great work ethic, say what you want about sherwood but he did bring some very good players in to the football club

Lol don't think Sherwood had a clue who Veretout was to be honest. 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's a fabulous player, he's got great work ethic, say what you want about sherwood but he did bring some very good players in to the football club

Not sure if srs

hes not really fast, but has enough to burst past players, and seems to be developing the confidence to do it

and hes got a great right foot, put in a superb ball in the first half that Gestede should have scored from

No doubt he is getting better, but I don't think he has yet had a game that justifies his price tag. We wouldn't be making a profit if we sold him in the summer, but, as with Ayew, if they have just signed long term contracts we don't have to sell.

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why? You don't think that veretout, gueye, Amavi and Richards are all very good players?

Absolutely. It's the credit to that hoax Sherwood that I find laughable

42 minutes ago, mwj said:

Absolutely. It's the credit to that hoax Sherwood that I find laughable

so if a player is good then Sherwood knew nothing about it but when a signing is shit its because Tim had final say ;)

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so if a player is good then Sherwood knew nothing about it but when a signing is shit its because Tim had final say ;)

No, but a list of players was "leaked" to one of the papers, showing which ones were signed by Sherwood and which ones were apparently signed by the scouting set-up. Veretout also said that Sherwood didn't really speak to him and didn't know who he was I believe.

I don't want to exagerrate, but on current form I think he might already be as good as Delph was for us last year (and he was only good in the last 4-5 months). I know, different type of player, not as flashy, but his end product is more present than Delph's.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Oh no, I don't give credit to Sherwood for anything. The guy is a joke and I hold him solely responsible for our current situation.

I rate this lad very highly. It was obvious from his first game he was a player, just hadn't quite adapted. Some of the comments made about him in this thread early on in the season were laughable.

I expect big things from this guy.

Â