Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've seen "not committed enough" and "his heart isn't in it" in the last two pages. I have paraphrased, I'll admit. 

Fair enough. 

It might seem like being picky but the reason I asked is that irrespective of what I think about him I would disagree with anyone saying he is lazy. The one consistent positive I would always say about him is his work rate. I can't really fault that aspect, it is other areas I take issue with.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Didn't West Ham and Swansea both try to sign him? I am pretty sure we had to fight off clubs to keep Ayew. 

I remember thinking we were absolutely mad to not accept the ridiculous fees being talked about.

Wasn't even good last year. Just the best of a truly dismal bunch. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vreitti said:

I seriously recon he just doesn't fancy being in the second tier all that much. TBH I'm not the slightest surprised that no PL teams went for him in the summer. 

I try to judge him by the work he does rather than the look on his face and the vast majority of the time he works very hard for the team. 

He's struggled of late but all players go through peaks and troughs, I think he's worth persevering with. 

• Like 3

I would be surprised if he starts tonight. Kodjia and Adomah are nailed on to be two of the front three. If Bruce goes more defensive then he may choose to put Grealish wide and go with three more defensive midfielders.

I think Grealish will continue in a central attacking midfield role though and we will see one of McCormack, Gestede or Gabby play centrally with Kodjia and Adomah out wide. Based on recent performances I can't see a place for Ayew unless Bruce picks him for his work rate and tracking back.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

He's playing like a kid who thinks he's better than all the other kids and therefore should do it all by himself. Every time.

He has talent, but just isn't having any positive impact on how we play. Hard working, but only for himself.

• Like 1

Â