Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

he is 25 so I dont see any future improvement. flashy but poor player

Flashy in areas outside the final third but when it comes to his final ball he is poor - offers little and a luxury player we cannot persevere with as delivers so rarely

8 hours ago, Spray said:

Ayew's form is 1 in 9 (2 in 18)

Gayle's form is 1 in 1 (16 in 16)

It's not hard to figure out which forward is fully committed to their clubs promotion push. 

Thats a baffling way to summarise things, lol.

Thats like saying Alan Hutton isn't committed to our promotion push because of his lack of ability.

You would have been better off saying "that's the difference in quality of a forward" or something else.

You also have to remember that Newcastle have a superior squad.

Anyway, yes, Ayew has fallen off.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thunderball said:

With coaching he could be a beast. But currently makes bad decisions and still thinks he's carrying the team when he has a few equals on the pitch. By the time he's run himself into a dead end he's slowed the impetus down and the opposition have everyone covered and have swarmed back.

The 'team' of average players will always beat a collection of individuals, he still has the individual mentality.

I don't think coaching can make the slightest bit of difference to him. You can't tell me that by his age a number of coaches won't have told him his faults. It's down to him.

• Like 1

Been a big disappointment over his last few games and he is now becoming the weak link of the front three. I think the biggest problem is that he isn't good enough to play through the middle and he doesn't have the where with all to play out wide. He continually fails to look up and try to pick out a pass and has no intention of ever making his way to the byline and putting a cross in. Instead he continually cuts inside and where as earlier in the season he was managing to get a few shots off doing this more recently he is continually running into trouble. Therefore he is now neither creating chances for others or for himself and is becoming ineffective.

I think Bruce may well look for a wide left player in January.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't say this lightly, for me he is only a marginal improvement on N'Zogbia.

That's incredibly harsh.

He's not performing well enough, I totally agree. But let's not get carried away.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's incredibly harsh.

He's not performing well enough, I totally agree. But let's not get carried away.

I don't think so but I know others will disagree. Obviously I'm making the comparison to when N'Zogbia was playing for us rather than the later years of his contract.

His work rate makes him better but they both have very similar failings in their games and each lack end product.

Given the drop of division and of quality of opposition his poor form is even more alarming.

Even the things people say about them are similar, there are definite parallels even if people would rather not think it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

Been very disappointing this season. I know a lot of us were expecting him to light the league on fire but his heart just isn't in it. 

I'm not trying to be picky but we don't that, it may be just the way he looks.

its sometimes aimed at players that are just not hacking it I.e Nigel Callaghan in his day.

i would be interested to hear SB's take on it.

for me good feet, but not sure what else......slows down the tempo.

Â