Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

59 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Bit hungover so can't be arsed to do a detailed analysis but off the top of my head. 

Fulham

Barnsley

Newcastle

Forest

Rotherham

Also made a decent impact off the bench in several games (please don't make me name them!).

Dont get my wrong I'm not in love with the guy and wouldn't be that arsed if he left as long as we got someone better. Just can't agree that the guy is a no hoper as for me on his day he can present opponents with big problems. 

His dribbling, strength, long range shooting and close control are all big weapons. While someone like Adomah gives you much more consistency he doesn't have the same threat in my view. Which is why I'm pretty happy having both in the squad! 

Well I don't agree on all those games, for instance against Forest he had a good spell in the second half but was poor in the first. 

Even if I agreed on the others which I don't that leaves what 4 games in a season and a half?

I'm not saying he is devoid of any talent, I just don't accept your original summary that he has had 'a lot of really good games' for us.

Do you really think he was really good in those games? I don't. I think he has been a hugely disappointing signing and frankly not worth anything remotely like what we paid for him. We've dropped a diviision and yet he is no more effective.

Problem with Ayew is he tries to do too much by himself.

Technically he is by far our best player, but he will beat a man and then take on the next when he should lay the ball of and get himself into some space.

Could be confidence, or it could be he thinks he's just better than this level.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, villaglint said:

Agree with that as I said earlier if the guy had decent decision making he'd be a hell of a player and at a better club than us.

But villaglint, there isn't a better club than us in the world.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2016 at 23:54, PaulC said:

No but when Mcormack is fit he might not even make the bench

It'll be interesting - I have a feeling that when McCormack is fit, McCormack may struggle to make the bench.

I'm happy with Ayew and his season, despite his being flat for the last couple of games.

It almost feels like we just need to click as a team and that when we do we'll annihilate someone. If Ayew played to his absolute best he would be a good player, if Grealish, Adomah, Kodjia and the rest also hit their best at the same time we'd take some stopping. It's the inconsistency that's holding us back and Ayew is one of the most inconsistent. 

Just never going to be my sort of player.

He didn't impress me last season and he's been very average this season.

Been saying it for a while now, if we could get a decent fee for him I'd gladly sell him and use the money to improve the side because he adds very little.

I can't see any PL clubs coming knocking though.

Â