Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

He looked a better player last season against better opposition. To me its his attitude. Not because hes permanent sad face.. but by how he does fark all in all games. What is it 1 goal in 18 games?

Sell him to wherever he wants to go and go get someone who wants to be here. 

I never rated him and took some stick for that. However, I did think he was coming good earlier in the season so was prepared to give him a second chance. 

Sadly, I think I was right first time. Does sod all and is probably on big wages. If we can find a buyer then we should let him go.

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why is it, whenever a forward thinking player is having a hard time, the go-to criticism is to call them lazy?

He's not lazy, he works hard off the ball and he always has done. 

I don't think anyone has called him lazy though.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why is it, whenever a forward thinking player is having a hard time, the go-to criticism is to call them lazy?

He's not lazy, he works hard off the ball and he always has done. 

I agree his workrate is top class but something seemed very off on Saturday.

Ok let me rephrase, why is it when a player hits a rotten patch of form the go-to criticism is often that they're not committed or that their heart isn't in it?

There was something "off" on Saturday, his form is in the toilet along with his confidence it seems. He was still hustling. 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I seriously think the guy is mentally ill.

The way he gave the ball away after we scored and the way he he wincing as though in pain - something not right there for me.

I'm sorry? Why is wincing an indication of mental illness?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

I seriously think the guy is mentally ill.

The way he gave the ball away after we scored and the way he he wincing as though in pain - something not right there for me.

Giving the ball and away and wincing in pain is a sign of mental illness?

I'm getting signed off work then.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sorry? Why is wincing an indication of mental illness?

No - but the general way he needlessly gave the ball away 3 times in as many minutes - and his general body language suggests something isn't right.

(I know thats not a precise diagnosis of mental illness - but wouldn't be at all surprised in the future to be honest)

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

No - but the general way he needlessly gave the ball away 3 times in as many minutes - and his general body language suggests something isn't right.

(I know thats not a precise diagnosis of mental illness - but wouldn't be at all surprised in the future to be honest)

I agree his body language is crap, I just don't like people distance diagnosing mental illness, especially when the evidence is as totally non-existent as 'losing a football'. 

Why don't we diagnose him as crap at football instead? Seems more productive to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree his body language is crap, I just don't like people distance diagnosing mental illness, especially when the evidence is as totally non-existent as 'losing a football'. 

Why don't we diagnose him as crap at football instead? Seems more productive to me. 

It was\is my opinion that this a possibility. Im not stating it as fact though.

His whole is not the sum of his parts. He can look absolutely fantastic, quick, very good close control and skills, can shoot and has created some goals this season. But he only does these things in flashes, ultimately what you get is a player who flatters to deceive and doesn't deliver what he is capable of. I still find it baffling that he looked a more clinical and better decision maker last season in the premier league than he does this season in the championship. Perhaps his mind is elsewhere and focused on a move in the January window? 

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His whole is not the sum of his parts. He can look absolutely fantastic, quick, very good close control and skills, can shoot and has created some goals this season. But he only does these things in flashes, ultimately what you get is a player who flatters to deceive and doesn't deliver what he is capable of. I still find it baffling that he looked a more clinical and better decision maker last season in the premier league than he does this season in the championship. Perhaps his mind is elsewhere and focused on a move in the January window? 

Im not seeing any of that. Whenever he has the ball i hope he gets rid of quickly and to one of our players. If he is one on one with the keeper - I don't bother getting out of my seat - I know he won't score. 

Â