Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He would destroy the championship. Hope we keep him.

I'm really happy for him. Took a long time to settle but works so hard for the team.

Yeah if we were to have any chance of coming straight back up when we go down we can start by holding on to him.

To be fair we can stand firm with all players who don't have a relegation release clause. They may not be thrilled with it but we need to make decisions that are best for the club. I also think it wouldn't hurt the likes of Veretout, Grealish, Ayew and Adama to have 12 months dominating players the majority of the time. 

• Like 2

Not bad for someone who was described as one of the worst players we've ever had!

Really like this lad, he shows so much passion and heart. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He looked gutted and angry when the final whistle went, exactly what I want to see, a point wasn't good enough and he knows it. He put lots into that game and was let down by the utter shite around him. I just hope he keeps fighting, he demonstrated an admirable level of quality, passion, fight and desire yesterday.

He is a bad loser which is not a bad thing at all

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He wont stay remember his strop coming here? No way will he want to play in championship. And he shouldnt, too good for a majority of the losers he has to play alongside

Perhaps someone should explain to him what signing a five year contract actually means. He is ours, and we can take him all the way down to the Conference before his contract is up.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, poitier said:

Perhaps someone should explain to him what signing a five year contract actually means. He is ours, and we can take him all the way down to the Conference before his contract is up.

it just goes to show how little people know of relegation and the implications its going to have on our club. if you really think the likes of ayew and grealish will be staying your going to be massively disappointed

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

it just goes to show how little people know of relegation and the implications its going to have on our club. if you really think the likes of ayew and grealish will be staying your going to be massively disappointed

Grealish? Hahahahahahahaha! He's a long way from demonstrating value to a bottom half club in the league. I'd be shocked if we were bombarded with offers for him. 

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

Grealish? Hahahahahahahaha! He's a long way from demonstrating value to a bottom half club in the league. I'd be shocked if we were bombarded with offers for him. 

i dont agree with you at all. people will be interested in him even though he hasnt been good for us. they w ill look at his potential

3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

He will stay IMO. 

I sort of agree with this. For what its worth I would not be surprised in the slightest if he has brought into the Garde project. Genuinely seems to love and appreciate playing for the Villa and I am sure his old man who would remember the days when we were a proper club will have had a big say in him choosing to join us. I have this feeling he will want to help get us back up and may stay for 12 months to see if it is achievable, unless of course he is offered a truly big move and the chance to play champions league football. He is only 23 and a guaranteed starter for Ghana regardless of where he plays so maybe loyalty will have a big part in his decision.

I also look at his first interview for AVTV where he mentions that his own goals are secondary to the needs of the club and team. Different attitude imo and one of the reasons I rate him so highly. Anyway if he continues to contribute the way he has no-one can begrudge him a move or will we lose money on the transfer fee we paid.

The good thing about Ayew, Amavi, Veretout, Adama, Gil and Grealish is age. They all have their best years ahead of them and 12 months out of the premiership won't be career damaging in anyway as Ayew is the only international regular. Amavi will imo not be leaving for at least 12 months plus due to his injury and I don't think Grealish will either due to his links with the club. Adama still has much to learn and Veretout also strikes me as a lad who is loyal and not a mercenary. I also look at the length of contracts the players are on and think we aren't in a position where we will need to sell at a loss with any of them anytime soon. Okay a few loses are inevitable however is that a bad thing with the current squad?!

I really think if we keep Garde we keep most of our better players, at least for a season unless teams offer big money for individuals. Garde is very highly regarded and although we haven't had the initial bounce as with most new managers I think he is more a long term project manager and will eventually bring us back far stronger than we have been for years.

I am not of the opinion as some are that going down will be the end of us if it does come to pass. I believe if we do we will have far more resources than any other club possibly in the championship. I think we would come straight back up as I am sure the players would also feel which may have a bearing on their own decisions at the end of the season. At least I hope!

Â