Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I sort of agree with this. For what its worth I would not be surprised in the slightest if he has brought into the Garde project. Genuinely seems to love and appreciate playing for the Villa and I am sure his old man who would remember the days when we were a proper club will have had a big say in him choosing to join us. I have this feeling he will want to help get us back up and may stay for 12 months to see if it is achievable, unless of course he is offered a truly big move and the chance to play champions league football. He is only 23 and a guaranteed starter for Ghana regardless of where he plays so maybe loyalty will have a ig part in his decision.

I keep reading about some sort of project but fail to understand how any project that involves us going down is a 'project' at all. 

Ayew's attitude is fantastic and puts the rest of our players to absolute shame. However, at the end of the day, if he keeps this form up, he will attract the attention of better clubs. Now I struggle to see why he'd want to forego at least one season in the top flight out of some insane loyalty to one of the dumbest 'projects' this club has undertaken in a long time, when he could simply move on and make the most out of his prime years as a footballer. 

I'd imagine that if push came to shove, Ayew will be off, and he may even deploy similar tactics to the ones he used to force his move here, and I for one wouldn't blame him.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

it just goes to show how little people know of relegation and the implications its going to have on our club. if you really think the likes of ayew and grealish will be staying your going to be massively disappointed

I fully understand the implications thanks, my point was not about that but about binding contracts. He can go if we say he can go.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I keep reading about some sort of project but fail to understand how any project that involves us going down is a 'project' at all. 

Ayew's attitude is fantastic and puts the rest of our players to absolute shame. However, at the end of the day, if he keeps this form up, he will attract the attention of better clubs. Now I struggle to see why he'd want to forego at least one season in the top flight out of some insane loyalty to one of the dumbest 'projects' this club has undertaken in a long time, when he could simply move on and make the most out of his prime years as a footballer. 

I'd imagine that if push came to shove, Ayew will be off, and he may even deploy similar tactics to the ones he used to force his move here, and I for one wouldn't blame him.

You're being obtuse. Of course going down isn't desired, but it was hardly unlikely when Garde was hired. He's already revealed that his continuance into next season with the club even if we went down was discussed with Fox and Lerner before his appointment. Therefore, there is a plan, of some kind, and that plan admits the possibility of relegation. It could hardly have done otherwise, given the circumstances of his appointment. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word 'Project' for those it upsets. However Garde imo is not just here for 8 months as with Sherwood and I would also believe there will be a long term strategy to get us back into the premiership should we go down. You can call it what you like I don't mind. Project, strategy, plan it's all the same to me and either way every manager with half a brain will have one.

With regards to my comments regarding Ayew. I never mentioned he would definitely stay, but said maybe he will and explained the reasoning behind my comments. Believe it or not footballers, not all, or even most, but a few actually give a shit about the clubs they play for, those that support them and some repay this with loyalty. As I said, Maybe.

• Like 2

i dont agree with you at all. people will be interested in him even though he hasnt been good for us. they w ill look at his potential

Fair enough I think even if that is the opinion they'd hold off for a while to see the progression first. Sure the price would change but at the moment there's the worry he's an enigma in the same way as Ravel Morrison (without the criminal element). 

4 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I wonder if he knows that he is fast becoming a fan favourite? Would be nice if he had a song or some kind if obvious feedback from the fans. He deserves it.

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww werewolves of london

• Like 1

16 hours ago, poitier said:

I fully understand the implications thanks, my point was not about that but about binding contracts. He can go if we say he can go.

Binding contracts?? Where have you been in the last 10 years, players have the power these days not the clubs. I know it sucks but thats the reality of the situation in the modern game. if ayew wants to leave when we are relegated then we wont be able to do much, all we can do is hope good offer comes in for him

But there is no chance he will play in the championship

• Like 1

Quote from Ayew on the Newcastle goal : 

On his goal against the Magpies, he added: "I try that in training - looking to bend the ball from that angle.

"Thankfully this time I did it well and got a bit of luck and the ball found the net.

Uncle Fester should have gone to Specsavers, the word removed! 

43360_heroa.jpg

Edited by Barney_avfc
  • Like 2

Binding contracts?? Where have you been in the last 10 years, players have the power these days not the clubs. I know it sucks but thats the reality of the situation in the modern game. if ayew wants to leave when we are relegated then we wont be able to do much, all we can do is hope good offer comes in for him

I think it's different when you get relegated. In the prem, having an unhappy player is a waste of millions of pounds and could lead to a terrible season. Once relegated I think clubs can take more of a stand. Joey Barton said no way he'd play in the championship and did. Everyone thought Austin would be sold and he stayed. 

We've bought players to develop, it would we stupid if we got rid of all the good ones once relegated. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There is no need for the club to take such a weak and defeatist attitude as that. There are plenty of recent examples of players not just being able to leave their club when they want - due to their contract. Obviously I don't know the finer details of his contract, but with so long left on his deal, he would not seem to be in the box seat. We can keep him, or sell if a worthwhile deal is offered, but if you think we should roll over when Daniel Levy comes and offers us 5m Euros because the player wants to go...

Things can change pretty quickly in football don't they? Ayew was terrible in his first 10 games for us. He was shocking. To be fair going through a few posts most people were willing to give him a bit of time but to be honest I think most of us weren't sure he'd be any good for us.

Now he's our best player (I know there isn't much competition bla bla bla). I really don't know where I'm going with this post. Maybe the slim, slim hope that things can change a whole lot for Aston Villa in the next few months as well. Just maybe.

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whilst player power is certainly a factor, I think you're exaggerating it. He'll go if we get an offer that's good enough. Barring relegation clauses, there's no reason we are bent over a barrel just hoping for a good offer as we're gonna have to accept anyway that you seem to be suggesting.

He wont stay remember his strop coming here? No way will he want to play in championship. And he shouldnt, too good for a majority of the losers he has to play alongside

Perhaps someone should explain to him what signing a five year contract actually means. He is ours, and we can take him all the way down to the Conference before his contract is up.

We can and we will

On 12/20/2015 at 13:42, Demitri_C said:

He wont stay remember his strop coming here? No way will he want to play in championship. And he shouldnt, too good for a majority of the losers he has to play alongside

the ridiculous criticism he got on here in his first few weeks was Benteke like as well :D 

Â