Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

My new favourite player, magnificent second half even without the goal as he ran and ran and ran.

If more of our side had his spirit and quality we'd be out of the bottom 3 imo. He wouldn't have trouble finding another prem club next season. A shame we didn't sign him when Benteke was here as he does so much good work outside the box.

Today also showed he has to play as wide forward, central striker isn't his game and restricts him.

He's also got the moody blues going on, don't think I've seen him crack a smile once yet. Not sure if that's his despair at our plight or just his general demeanor.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2015 at 19:53, useless said:

It seemed like this signing didn't really seem to capture the fans imagination the way some of our other signings did like Veretout and Traore. I don't know if that was because we were being linked to the likes of Embolo and Martial and so Ayew seemed like a let down in comparison. I thought he was going to be like a cross between Eto'o and Dwight Yorke, he hasn't reached those heights yet but I'm sure he'll come good. In fact unless we sign a really big name before the window shuts I reckon he'll be widely regarded as the best striker at the club by the time the season has ended.

Looks like I was right. Fortuneteller it probably means we'll lose him at the end of the season should we get relegated. But then again I might be right, again, with my prediction that we'll survive.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Looks like I was right. Fortuneteller it probably means we'll lose him at the end of the season should we get relegated. But then again I might be right, again, with my prediction that we'll survive.

I've got to give you credit for that, you absolutely did call it correctly, fair play. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've got to give you credit for that, you absolutely did call it correctly, fair play. 

I don't expect credit I get a few things wrong too. But it's a good illustration to people feeling down about our position in the league and some of our players, of how things can change for the better.

14 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

He wants to win, he wants to do the badge proud, more than anybody else on the pitch it would seem. Him being the apparent leader of our dressing room makes a great deal of sense, fights for every ball.

He really puts some of our homegrown players to shame dosen't he?

The first good signs to me were the SHA cup game when he was excellent in the second half. He really got how much that game meant to the fans and played accordingly.

Just shows you what a **** up not getting a decent centre forward was in the summer. If we had a Charlie Austin type who could goal poach around the 6 yard box with Ayew just off him I'd be confident about the second half of the season.

yeah the goal was not an easy thing to do, he got frustrated which perversely even thought he got booked was good to see as at least 1 of them gave a shit. I'd like to see him and more of our creative players together on the pitch at the same time but I understand why that's not going to happen until we have the defense sorted.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

lmfao @ Wilkins saying he hadn't seen much of that on the training ground. Still covering for himself and Sherwood and begrudging Ayew showing why he deserved more chances under them.

Saw that , was a pretty dickish thing to say 

Â