Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Repeating what I said in the match thread:

we need to be looking to make a profit on him. He's proved he can be a good PL player so no gamble and the PL will be awash with dirty dirty cash next year 

Whilst I think he's a good player I don't see what he's done to elevate his value. We paid £9m for him, I'd be amazed if we could make a profit on that, I don't even think we'll get what we paid for him.

58 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Whilst I think he's a good player I don't see what he's done to elevate his value. We paid £9m for him, I'd be amazed if we could make a profit on that, I don't even think we'll get what we paid for him.

Not that he's inflated his price but the market will move forwards enormously with the new money in the prem next year. It is a real step change 

• Like 1

9 mil is really not that much these days, and even poor to average players can fetch that. Also look at Jordan Rhodes, Ross Mccormack - 2 championship players, yet they fetched 9mil and 11mil.

Ayew is the only villa player you ever hear pundits, commentators etc saying has shown any quality, so i think people recognise that he has ability.

I think we could hold out for more than we paid, (hes on a 5 year deal which helps) assuming he hasn't got a relegation release clause that is lower. Unfortunately this wouldn't surprise me, given Fox, Almstadt, Sherwood and Reillys lack of judgement last summer.

• Like 1

he is currently playing for a transfer if we are honest but is easily best of a bad bunch. though think him and Gestede are working a partnership which is a bit sad if broken up

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A duo of Benteke and Ayew would have been something!

He's the sort we needed to sign in the Lambert era....once Gabby and particularly Weimann went onto easy street after contract renewals.

Ayew's an intelligent link up player so him and Benteke would've been a very exciting combination indeed or played in a front three.

People are going to be in for a shock when Ayew leaves for barely what we paid for him, no way in hell will we be getting £15m for him!

This! Why do people think we will make money on him? He will have had a relegation release clause in his contact. Would not be surprised if his was around £7M, look at the snake we could have sold him for 15m at the time but there was a release clause in his contact and we got our money back. Ayew will be no different!

11 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

If we're not going to be making a profit on him then we really shouldn't be entertaining the idea of selling him. 

Errrm, we will when he refuses to play for us, he has previous on this doesn't he?

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Errrm, we will when he refuses to play for us, he has previous on this doesn't he?

If I remember correctly though, he has said he really did not enjoy his time in Marseille at all though. Something along the lines of "Things have gone well for me everywhere except for Marseille". Not saying they have gone well here, but, well not even sure what I am saying. I just want him to stay!!!

• Like 1

He's contracted to us for another four years I think? There's fresh mega cash in the premier league and we don't have to sell him if we don't want to. All things that mean we should command a higher transfer fee. 

The problem sits with what stupid clauses he has written into his contract. I've got no confidence that Fox et al would've protected our assets. He's probably got a £6m release clause and someone will pick up a bargain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I remember correctly though, he has said he really did not enjoy his time in Marseille at all though. Something along the lines of "Things have gone well for me everywhere except for Marseille". Not saying they have gone well here, but, well not even sure what I am saying. I just want him to stay!!!

It was at Lorient where he was going to strike if he didn't get a move here.

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

We don't have to sell him if we don't want to. All things that mean we should command a higher transfer fee. 

The problem sits with what stupid clauses he has written into his contract. I've got no confidence that Fox et al would've protected our assets. He's probably got a £6m release clause and someone will pick up a bargain.

Sounds about likely. 

Ayew is technically very good, I love it when he does those weaving runs with the ball and when 'he's up for it' his work rate is right up there. If there's a slight possibility he'll stay next season, we need to do everything we can to make sure it happens. But......... if say a club like wet spam, stripey filth or palace etc bid a ridiculous £5m for him, we'll probably let him go and keep persisting with Flabby. *Depressing stare*

Â