Hendrik Almstadt

dudevillaisnice

I am not sure exactly what he did but it is good to see that the penny is finally dropping that the issues at the club go way deeper than the manager and won't be solved by simply sacking/replacing another manager. It is a shame it has come years too late. As ever it matters very little who leaves though but who comes in.

Interesting to see how long it will be before Reilly follows. Fox is already a dead man walking.

• Like 2

I had no idea what he did. When he came in, I was expecting something akin to a DoF. Apparently my expectation was mis-placed.

I'm happy he's gone, because hopefully it's the first of many.

I'd probably still like a DoF.

Whilst I have no idea what he did, and whether or not he was good at it, so sacking him may be completely justifiable, I do have concerns that we may be about to throw the baby out with the bathwater by sacking everyone running the club.

It may be for the best, but I'm one of those (possibly crazy) people who think that just because we're doing terribly, it doesn't mean there can be nothing going right behind the scenes. I don't know what that is, but I hope Hollis and co at least are sacking the people who need sacking, rather than just everybody who was here before them.

• Like 4

If the leaks from Tim Sherwood (post sacking) are to be believed Almstadt was part of the team that assessed and bought players based on nonsense statistics, such as "potential chances to score a goal". Anything that ends the ridiculous "moneyball" approach that isn't applicable in football suits me fine. Off to the Damian Comolli scrapheap with you Hendrik.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I am guessing that Fox's contract has clauses for termination once we are definitely relegated. They probably cannot actually terminate his contract until it is certain without paying out.

I doubt we will see much of him again if at all. Reilly probably has similar contract. As was said they are both dead men walking. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I thought he had something to do with nutrition? He basically made milkshakes for the players after the games.

Klq2yPW.jpg

Yeah, he never looked quite happy with his role

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whilst I have no idea what he did, and whether or not he was good at it, so sacking him may be completely justifiable, I do have concerns that we may be about to throw the baby out with the bathwater by sacking everyone running the club.

It may be for the best, but I'm one of those (possibly crazy) people who think that just because we're doing terribly, it doesn't mean there can be nothing going right behind the scenes. I don't know what that is, but I hope Hollis and co at least are sacking the people who need sacking, rather than just everybody who was here before them.

Yeah, for that reason I'm completely ambivalent to him leaving, I just don't know enough of why and what he was brought in to do and how badly or successful it has been.  I'm not against trying to follow a more continental approach, but without the right money that method, or any other, is likely to fail.  If we just flip flop the other way again, then it could also spell trouble.  We need clear decision makers more than anything.

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah, for that reason I'm completely ambivalent to him leaving, I just don't know enough of why and what he was brought in to do and how badly or successful it has been.  I'm not against trying to follow a more continental approach, but without the right money that method, or any other, is likely to fail.  If we just flip flop the other way again, then it could also spell trouble.  We need clear decision makers more than anything.

This is the problem in a nutshell. Flip flip flip flop. 10 years of it. How can we trust that the latest flip won't be a flop?

Answer - we can't. 

• Like 1

I thought he was a stats man in connection with transfers. Whatever it was he did, they are looking to fill the same position, so instead of an ex-Arsenal man we will have an ex-Melchester Rovers* man.

*Yes, I know they do not exist - put in your own name.

Â