Hendrik Almstadt

dudevillaisnice

Needed more football knowledge in the club ever since Lerner took over, players contracts have been one area of weakness, sales and purchases have been abit amateurish, management appointments .....

Hopefully we will start being run like a professional club from here on in.

I would imagine a sporting director will represent the sporting interests of the board (as opposed to the financial interests or commercial interest of other C-levels). Things like ensuring we have a coherent coaching structure from 5 yr old to youth team, hire youth coaches, physios, PT's, scouting networks

Basically his job would be everything except run the the senior teams.

... and hire Tim Sherwoods replacement when and if that ever comes

Meh, means absolutely nothing imo. I have no idea what he will do or how he will improve things, if at all.

I'd rather we invested in playing staff tbh...

As Richard has said, isn't it a good idea to do both? One does not impede the other, anything that assists the manager to do his job is a positive surely?

Maybe I'm just being cynical about the way Randy has run the club over the past few years but i just can't see us doing both.

Prove me wrong Randy.

Ok. So it's even better that we are at least doing something?

They should've done this years ago. Provided Sherwie is on board with it this is a very encouraging development.

The days of "directors of football don't work in England" are long gone. This is vital.

It would've made sacking Lambert an easier decision as well. Strategy has to be set higher than the manager because the modern game (for clubs like us) is about building over time. You can't do that if you need to bin your coach every other year and he's made the big football decisions and his replacement changes everything.

I'm delighted.

• Like 4

So we're going from a slapdash ragtag of loveable underdog rogues to a properly organised team of proper players with a plan, led by a charismatic, no-bullshit leader.  Any quotes related to Randy and Tom basing our future model on The Dirty Dozen?

P.S.  Please don't kill off Okore too soon.  I do fear for Baker though.

Good news anyway.

The biggest bonus of an appointment like this should be that we don't get in the situation where contracts run down / run out as we have seen recently. They provide that sort of long term stability and vision so it doesn't matter if there are manager changes etc. 

Meh. This approach aint winning us a thing!

It's not exactly something that you can turn on overnight ffs

Man City pretty much did or at least the intentions were turned on over night.

And now we're in a world where that's impossible

Â