Hendrik Almstadt

dudevillaisnice

Meh. This approach aint winning us a thing!

It's not exactly something that you can turn on overnight ffs

Man City pretty much did or at least the intentions were turned on over night.

Nothing to do with the oil billions that.

What does a sporting director do?

directs sport

Directing sport, "guys the sport is this way".  Do you think he'll direct me from the sacred heart to Villa Park, sometimes I need it lol.

What does a sporting director do?

directs sport

Directing sport, "guys the sport is this way". 

No, you've got it all wrong. That would Director of People Towards the Sport. We haven't hired one of them yet, but I'm told Fox is looking 

Wenger says Gabriel is the club's first signing based on statistics after he was identified by Arsenal's own version of "Moneyball" rather than his traditional scouting network.

Arsenal bought the US-based data company StatDNA for £2m in 2012 and they also have statistician Hendrik Almstadt based at the training ground to identify potential signings.

This plus all the other signings, arguably starting with Tim - I haven't been as optimistic during summer/pre season in many years.

Everything is moving in the right direction. Even if the takeover is off for now it surely makes us a more attract proposition 6 months to a year onwards. Lerner may put putting more value in for the same price.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So how much of our success this summer has been because of Hendrick? Seems him and Fox in a few months have done better than all of Faulkners time here

In my opinion, we won't know whether this summer has been a success for a few months.

• Like 4

So how much of our success this summer has been because of Hendrick? Seems him and Fox in a few months have done better than all of Faulkners time here

In my opinion, we won't know whether this summer has been a success for a few months.

You say that but in comparison to last season our transfer business has been exceptionally better. Also the speed at which they are completed

It wasnt the usual snail like movement as we normally have. If you think about it a team finishing 17th how did we manage to attract two of Lique 1s brightest prospects in Amavi and Veretout?

You say that but in comparison to last season our transfer business has been exceptionally better. Also the speed at which they are completed

It wasnt the usual snail like movement as we normally have. If you think about it a team finishing 17th how did we manage to attract two of Lique 1s brightest prospects in Amavi and Veretout?

It appears to be a better transfer summer than of late and I suspect attracting the players is down to a combination of factors including money, the PL, the relative size of the club, the club's facilities and the club's representatives including the professionalism of Fox, the knowledge of Hendrick and the enthusiasm and charisma of Sherwood.

I'm optimistic and excited that most of our new signings will turn out to be between decent and fantastic but I won't know how good this summer has been until I've seen them play competitively quite a few times.

It appears to be a better transfer summer than of late and I suspect attracting the players is down to a combination of factors including money, the PL, the relative size of the club, the club's facilities and the club's representatives including the professionalism of Fox, the knowledge of Hendrick and the enthusiasm and charisma of Sherwood.

I'm optimistic and excited that most of our new signings will turn out to be between decent and fantastic but I won't know how good this summer has been until I've seen them play competitively quite a few times.

Yeah I do see your point but these have been hserwoods targets and he has near enough got them all. that itself is a plus, not getting rejected like we were the last few seasons

• 6 months later...

Hmm there is an i interesting article in the daily mail that a big part of debuchy transfer failed because of him. He was spitting his dummy out that he was not involved much in the transferthis is worrying for me. Garde should have final say not another arsenal reject that has never managed 

Â