Hendrik Almstadt

dudevillaisnice

Aston Villa Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Hendrik Almstadt as the Club's first ever Sporting Director.

The 40-year old German joins the Club from Arsenal where he spent the last four years in the football department working with the chief executive and manager in the areas of technical scouting, data analytics, financial budgeting and contract management, the academy and athletic development.

Chief executive Tom Fox said: "I'm really pleased to welcome Hendrik to Aston Villa.

"I was able to see first hand the excellent work he did at Arsenal and he will add tremendous value across our entire football set-up."

Almstadt begins work officially at Bodymoor Heath on Monday and is looking forward to the new challenge.

He said: "I can't wait to start my new role at Aston Villa.

"It is a club with huge potential, a rich history and deep roots in Birmingham, the Midlands, and within English and European football.

"I look forward to working again with Tom Fox and to establish a close relationship with the manager, Tim Sherwood."

Manager Tim Sherwood said: "I'm really excited Hendrik is joining.

"We have a lot of work to do at the football club and Hendrik will make the job I have here easier."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4866073,00.html

• Like 1

Ever since fox walked in door the club seems to be running a lot more smoothly, trust him to bring in the right people to push us on.

Faulkner seemed clueless from get go, just pleased we at last have people here that know what they are doing

Thanks guys  :rolleyes:

I ask because Sherwood has always said he doesn't want to work under a director of sport. I assume they're the same thing. Maybe we convinced him it's a good idea.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 1

Meh, means absolutely nothing imo. I have no idea what he will do or how he will improve things, if at all.

I'd rather we invested in playing staff tbh...

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

No idea , but.. German and from arsenal. I trust he knows what he's doing!

Also likely this appointment a result of failed takeover and change of direction, or stuff happening in the background?

Edited by Beeky

Â