Hendrik Almstadt

dudevillaisnice

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am truly amazed that so many posters think `The Board' are going to bring in better than we have. I await the new appointments with interest. 

Well all they need do is hire someone who has done the job at least once beforehand.

I can only judge the board on the appointments they've made so far in Little, King and Bernstein.

I hope the run of seemingly good appointments continues why they replace Almstadt, Fox and Paddy.

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well clearly he was more involved than everyone who wanted to put it all on Sherwood made out. 

Yes, being serious for a moment, presumably he wouldn't have been sacked if he actually had a completely neutral role that could in no way be blamed for where we are. 

My posts all season about how he just did vacuuming, watered plants and looked after the photocopier were satire (that probably definitely only I found amusing) but you don't get the title 'Sporting Director' without doing something

• Like 2

Whatever he did, he didn't do it well. Maybe not all his fault as it seemed he was operating in a new role to him, it seems the board are making changes in the right direction. Time will tell and of course the leadership is only the start, but if they can get that right and follow up with backing for the manager, then maybe we can start to change things. 

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well clearly he was more involved than everyone who wanted to put it all on Sherwood made out. 

Sherwood was more involved in transfers than Almstadt, by all accounts.

I'm not sure anybody's ever put the running of the club on Sherwood, which Almstadt was a part of.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Sherwood was more involved in transfers than Almstadt, by all accounts.

I'm not sure anybody's ever put the running of the club on Sherwood, which Almstadt was a part of.

I believe Almstadt played his part in putting this shit squad together along with Reilly, Fox and Sherwood. 

Hopefully the other 2 follow him and Sherwood. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I believe Almstadt played his part in putting this shit squad together

I don't. At least not directly. There's absolutely nothing to suggest he did apart from a few newspaper reports who claimed he was the brains behind it. 

Certainly Sherwood carries far far more blame for this squad than Almstadt.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't. At least not directly. There's absolutely nothing to suggest he did apart from a few newspaper reports who claimed he was the brains behind it. 

Certainly Sherwood carries far far more blame for this squad than Almstadt.

I doubt he's sacked before Reilly and Fox if he didn't have much to do with it. Fox said he did the same role as he did at arsenal and there he was part of the scouting and analysis set up. 

Clearly did more than booking hotels and looking after players. His involvement in this relegation has now cost him his job and rightly so. 

Almstadt clearly foxs 'football' friend from arsenal and between them they thought theyd have a go at running a club as they pleased. Neither qualified in there position and we reap the reward for that.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I doubt he's sacked before Reilly and Fox if he didn't have much to do with it.

How have you jumped to that conclusion?

They laid off a load of stewards and tea ladies and that the other day didn't they? Were they involved in transfers too just because they got sacked first?

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am truly amazed that so many posters think `The Board' are going to bring in better than we have. I await the new appointments with interest. 

I'm working under the assumption that anyone and everyone leaving will be replaced in house by people already at the club.

We have a huge organization, certainly way too big for the Championship and our wage budget.

Loads of staff and players will be leaving and let go. If anyone comes in to replace someone, the key thing will be lower wages, not higher quality.

Â