Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

The amount of times players have to go over to him, talk him, encourage him. He has some decent attributes, but he is weak. You only have to look at him anytime something goes wrong. I doubt he will go on to perform anywhere regardless of any abilities he may or may not have. He has a dismal mentality.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

He can play well at both LB and LM so in that sense he gives us options and depth. He's young, lots of potential. No point in selling him for a cut price fee. 

Really ? I don't think he's good enough either position - get rid asap !

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't really care if his delivery is good or not to be honest. First and foremost he is supposed to be a full back but time and time again he gets horribly exposed through poor judgement and positioning. 

I've lost count of the times I've seen players get in behind him without really having to do anything.

He is current (and has been all season) and poor defender and somewhat of a liability who week after week the opposition target to try and exploit.

Even if he does have great delivery (which is highly debatable) that doesn't in any way counter or diminish the glaring deficiencies in his game.

He is a poor/average left back by Championship standards based on this seasons performances. 

If anyone offers £10m plus in the summer I'd take their hand and half their arm off.

A sound round up of him in my opinion.

I think "Liability" is the appropriate word to use to describe him.

I cringe watching him.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Other than the second goal, which I don't put down to him, I don't think they got in behind him once yesterday - when they had the ball he looked a really tidy defender - when he had the ball in his own half, he looked their most dangerous player at times, but defensively he was solid yesterday.

Wow we see things very differently. I thought they targeted him all day and the majority of the time beat him. 

45 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

He can play well at both LB and LM so in that sense he gives us options and depth. He's young, lots of potential. No point in selling him for a cut price fee. 

He isn't though, really. 

He's an okay left wing option lately with injuries. But I'd rather Green, Grealish, Kodjia or even Bacuna start over him. 

Defensively he's a parody of a player. The two goals yester were just embarrassing. Left backs don't **** around doing tricks on the half way line. The second was even worse. It shows fundamentally bad defending, he doesn't know what to do. Stay with your man, don't half arse going to the ball and get caught on no man's land. He did this numerous times and we were lucky their finishing was generally poor otherwise we could've took a hammering. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Other than the second goal, which I don't put down to him, I don't think they got in behind him once yesterday - when they had the ball he looked a really tidy defender - when he had the ball in his own half, he looked their most dangerous player at times, but defensively he was solid yesterday.

That's really not true at all. They got in behind him so many times its ridiculous. Everyome in the stadium saw it, their manager and players clearly saw it as they pretty exclusively attacked our left. Bruce saw it and I can't see him playing left back again. 

I think you'd do well to find a worse individual defensive performance in a Villa shirt, certainly when you consider the level we're at. 

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wow we see things very differently. I thought they targeted him all day and the majority of the time beat him. 

Not that it's the be all and end all, but I had a look at the heat maps on whoscored. Surprise, surprise, their right hand side was used often, left barely. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Bruce saw it and I can't see him playing left back again. 

Regardless of all the other stuff, with Taylor, Bjarnason, Agbonlahor and Green all most likely out, I think it's extremely unlikely that he doesn't start tomorrow. 

23 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I can only hope xia was bluffing when he said we'd turned down £25m . 

Or hope that he's still got the phone number of the bloke that offered it. 

There are many reasons for liking or disliking a players play.

I have a very jaundiced view of any player that I feel looks uncomfortable with close contact of an opponent or is loathe to involve themselves in the physical challenge.

He screams that at me.

I think it is fundamentally a flaw that is very difficult to deal with and can create untold errors for the team.

In the last 150 minutes Amavi has played at left back, we've conceded 5. (Barnsley, Reading). 2 of those goals were directly from our left, Amavi's man providing the assist. 2 of them were directly caused by errors from Amavi (giving away penalty and the **** up yesterday) and the 5th he allowed his man behind him, Baker fouls, then Amavi doesn't clear the free kick properly and it results in a goal. So he played a massive part in 4, and was involved twice in the scoring of the other. 

And that's just 150 minutes. The last 9 entire games in which Amavi hasn't played at left back, we've conceded just 2.

I know it's "just stats" but early in the season I remember posting something about Cissokho/Amavi. Cissokho wasn't very good, but we never conceded at the rate we do with Amavi at left back. Either its a massive 40 game coincidence, or he's just a very poor left back. 

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

In the last 150 minutes Amavi has played at left back, we've conceded 5. (Barnsley, Reading). 2 of those goals were directly from our left, Amavi's man providing the assist. 2 of them were directly caused by errors from Amavi (giving away penalty and the **** up yesterday) and the 5th he allowed his man behind him, Baker fouls, then Amavi doesn't clear the free kick properly and it results in a goal. So he played a massive part in 4, and was involved twice in the scoring of the other. 

And that's just 150 minutes. The last 9 entire games in which Amavi hasn't played at left back, we've conceded just 2.

I know it's "just stats" but early in the season I remember posting something about Cissokho/Amavi. Cissokho wasn't very good, but we never conceded at the rate we do with Amavi at left back. Either its a massive 40 game coincidence, or he's just a very poor left back. 

One of the things you hear from old pros is......." Let him know you are there"

It follows that Eamonn Deacy /Shaun Teale rarely got tackled and was rarely injured.....They got in first and put a peg in the ground.

I struggle with this kind of defender, he resembles a winger in terms of persona.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The amount of times players have to go over to him, talk him, encourage him. He has some decent attributes, but he is weak. You only have to look at him anytime something goes wrong. I doubt he will go on to perform anywhere regardless of any abilities he may or may not have. He has a dismal mentality.

That condition needs to be rooted out of the club.....you have to be decisive to succeed.

Edited by TRO

Â