Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah like Ayew, Gestede... Guzan.... 

To be fair you have probably chosen the worst players to use as examples, maybe bar Ayew.

Albrighton, Johnson, Cahill, Banaan, Veretout etc etc etc.

2 hours ago, Xela said:

**** him off. He may have talent deep down but doesn't appear to have the heart for it. 

I'm not so sure he has the talent either to be fair. He has never once impressed me and today championship standard players were breezing past him and he actually ran the ball out of play three times. 

Definitely one to move on. 

I guarantee that if he wasn't a French under 21 player and he was British he would be be getting way more stick than he does. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Amavi's ability going forward is also much more talk than reality. He's so weak he can't even cross the ball in the air to the box.

This all day. It's been a complete mystery to me why people talk about his ability going forwards. I have seen no evidence of this all before or after his injury. 

Again I refer to my above comments, I am sure people believe he's good going forwards because he's a French Under 21 player more than because of any evidence their eyes have seen. 

Probably the worst game I've seen him have for us today, not sure what he was doing for the first goal. I expect he will leave in the summer but I fully believe there's still a good player in him. It'd be a real shame if that injury has in fact ruined him completely. 

• Like 1

He didn't get off to the best of starts today and was at fault for the first goal but was not helped by Bacuna in any way shape or form.  Fair play to the kid, he was a threat going forward which disappeared when he went off and didn't hide.  Good players keep going, quitters quit, he didn't quit.

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fixed that for you. 

In no way is it about a bad game. 

Amavi will have a good career as he is a decent player, I am sure you will be one of those complaining we shouldn't have sold him!

11 minutes ago, macandally said:

Amavi will have a good career as he is a decent player, I am sure you will be one of those complaining we shouldn't have sold him!

No. I will complain that we sold him if he's doing well and looking useful. If he is being awful and sold then is great elsewhere then c'est la vie and good luck to him. 

You can only deal with things as they are before you at the time. In my opinion he has done nothing before or since his injury and would not hesitate to sell him. 

Can't understand people moaning that we sold a player who became good elsewhere. If someone is not performing then it's right to get rid. Sometimes they come good elsewhere and that is OK, there are probably reasons why and those reasons may never have come to fruition with us so the move is good for both parties. 

I take absolutely no pleasure in a player doing badly for us..... But this is not about a player having a bad game. 

• Like 2

Disagree on second goal, Lansburys ball forward from the kick off was a nothing ball that came straight back and Amavi was left high and dry down the wing.  Look where Bacuna was when the goal went in, on the halfway line still!

13 minutes ago, macandally said:

Disagree on second goal, Lansburys ball forward from the kick off was a nothing ball that came straight back and Amavi was left high and dry down the wing.  Look where Bacuna was when the goal went in, on the halfway line still!

It was another example of his awful positioning. They had several breaks down our left because he was caught out. He is abysmal. His much 'vaunted' delivery isn't very good either.

I don't really care if his delivery is good or not to be honest. First and foremost he is supposed to be a full back but time and time again he gets horribly exposed through poor judgement and positioning. 

I've lost count of the times I've seen players get in behind him without really having to do anything.

He is current (and has been all season) and poor defender and somewhat of a liability who week after week the opposition target to try and exploit.

Even if he does have great delivery (which is highly debatable) that doesn't in any way counter or diminish the glaring deficiencies in his game.

He is a poor/average left back by Championship standards based on this seasons performances. 

If anyone offers £10m plus in the summer I'd take their hand and half their arm off.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't really care if his delivery is good or not to be honest. First and foremost he is supposed to be a full back but time and time again he gets horribly exposed through poor judgement and positioning. 

I've lost count of the times I've seen players get in behind him without really having to do anything.

He is current (and has been all season) and poor defender and somewhat of a liability who week after week the opposition target to try and exploit.

Even if he does have great delivery (which is highly debatable) that doesn't in any way counter or diminish the glaring deficiencies in his game.

He is a poor/average left back by Championship standards based on this seasons performances. 

If anyone offers £10m plus in the summer I'd take their hand and half their arm off.

I'd sell him for half that, no way are we getting £10m+ for him.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Other than the second goal, which I don't put down to him, I don't think they got in behind him once yesterday - when they had the ball he looked a really tidy defender - when he had the ball in his own half, he looked their most dangerous player at times, but defensively he was solid yesterday.

16 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Amavi is our worst defender in a long time. Luna was probably on the same level. But at least he scored against Arsenal.

You know,  i do wonder if this idea that he was great before his injury is largely influenced by the rubbish that he replaced?

Â