Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

he was good overall today, after a pretty stupid tackle that put him on a yellow 2 mins in.

He got lots of blocks, tackles and interceptions in, and he won a lot of headers, which was surprising.

His crossing attacking wise was poor, but id much rather have him in the team than cissokho.

I think that he is starting to get back to what we saw pre-injury. I was impressed by his leaping ability and the number of headers he won. In time his positioning will improve but his pace will get him out of trouble more often than not.

Based on that performance he offers more than Cissokho at the moment.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but i thought he was outstanding on Sunday, even more so when you consider he was playing with a booking from the 2nd minute. Not only tackled but kept winning and retaining the ball, showed real attacking intent with attempted runs and passes. Very happy if he continues this vein of improving form. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darrenm said:

I thought he was excellent. They kept sending lots of balls over there but didn't get anything out of him.

The goal came from getting in behind him. He plays like an AI defender on FIFA where he steps up for absolutely no reason.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

The goal came from getting in behind him. He plays like an AI defender on FIFA where he steps up for absolutely no reason.

The goal was "his fault" to an extent (although Gardner and the other defensive players could've made a better attempt to block Davis' shot) - but he was decent outside of that, I thought.  Didn't shy away from any challenges, drew quite a few fouls and was (surprisingly!) good in the air, too.

Give me that over a clumsy Cissokho foul conceding a penalty any day of the week.

19 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Thought he was awful and allowed them in behind to ultimately score. This guy is not a defender.

17 hours ago, R.Bear said:

Been terrible since the injury, which is the only reason to have any faith in him improving.

16 hours ago, darrenm said:

I thought he was excellent. They kept sending lots of balls over there but didn't get anything out of him.

16 hours ago, andym said:

he was good overall today, after a pretty stupid tackle that put him on a yellow 2 mins in.

He got lots of blocks, tackles and interceptions in, and he won a lot of headers, which was surprising.

His crossing attacking wise was poor, but id much rather have him in the team than cissokho.

15 hours ago, villarocker said:

Great game today, especially that tackle!! 

Absolutely mental how people can see the same game completely differently! :/

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Absolutely mental how people can see the same game completely differently! :/

It's almost like there should be some sort of middle ground where players can play well in parts, not so well at other times.

No - it'll never catch on.

• Like 2

Â