Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

Simon Jones:

Southampton and Marseille have made counter offers for Aston Villa target Idrissa Gueye.

The Lille midfielder was poised to join Villa after Lille accepted a £9million offer but Saints and Marseille are understood to have bid £10m.

Gueye arrived at Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground to discuss personal terms on Thursday but a deal has not yet been completed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3147920/Southampton-Marseille-bid-10m-Idrissa-Gueye-despite-Lille-star-opening-talks-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Grr...

Simon Jones:

Southampton and Marseille have made counter offers for Aston Villa target Idrissa Gueye.

The Lille midfielder was poised to join Villa after Lille accepted a £9million offer but Saints and Marseille are understood to have bid £10m.

Gueye arrived at Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground to discuss personal terms on Thursday but a deal has not yet been completed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3147920/Southampton-Marseille-bid-10m-Idrissa-Gueye-despite-Lille-star-opening-talks-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Grr...

If a fee has been agreed, we surely only have to agree personal terms? they can bid £60m and it won't make a difference unless the player chooses them - although in that case we might not be in the best position. so why would they bid an extra million if £9m is enough?

• Like 1

Tomorrow shall be interesting as regards this deal,  even if we lose out on him it's still encouraging to see us bidding for highly rated players and putting in serious bids.  

Buying players directly from France: Berson, Makoun, Sylla, Gueye.... Will he be any better?

I would like to think he will prove Six times better and that he will soon be able to say that £9m was a sound deal "because I'm worth it".  ;)

I would have liked this deal to have been signed, sealed and delivered by now because as we have seen the longer it takes to get a transfer done the more likely it is that other teams will try to scupper it (as Arsenal did when Bergkamp arrived at BHX with a view to signing for us all those years ago).  

Edited by John

Buying players directly from France: Berson, Makoun, Sylla, Gueye.... Will he be any better?

I would like to think he will prove Six times better and that he will soon be able to say that £9m was a sound deal "because I'm worth it". ;)

I would have liked this deal to have been signed, sealed and delivered by now because as we have seen the longer it takes to get a transfer done the more likely it is that other teams will try to scupper it (as Arsenal did when Bergkamp arrived at BHX with a view to signing for us all those years ago).

Genuinely never heard of bergkamp in the verge of joining us. Is it true?

Â