Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

it's looking more likely now as Skysports are now saying he is currently having his medical with us after agreeing terms, i'd be very surprised if another club managed to sign him from under us now. But it is at least encouraging that other clubs are chasing him. 

Can't say I'm terribly familiar with the player but from what I've seen and read about him, I'm very happy with this. Thrilled to see us showing some ambition.

Welcome!

Excellent. So with richards, Wilkins and gueye in the bag can we stop worrying about a Sherwood transfer window?

Not really.

Nowt to do with Sherwood. But if those two were our only signings, for example, I'd still be very worried.

(plus, as excited as I am by Gueye, I doubt most of us on VT have ever seen him play)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Excellent. So with richards, Wilkins and gueye in the bag can we stop worrying about a Sherwood transfer window?

Not really.

Nowt to do with Sherwood. But if those two were our only signings, for example, I'd still be very worried.

(plus, as excited as I am by Gueye, I doubt most of us on VT have ever seen him play)

So you're not excited that we've almost signed a player worth £9m? I'm thrilled but that's just me Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Not really.

So you're not excited that we've almost signed a player worth £9m? I'm thrilled but that's just me

I specifically said I AM excited about it. But I'm excited that we've spent some decent money and we've signed a player who seems to be quite highly rated and sought after in a position where we need an upgrade.

But as I don't recall having ever seen him play, it's impossible for me to say I'm excited by his ability as I don't know what it is.

Edited by Stevo985

Not really.

So you're not excited that we've almost signed a player worth £9m? I'm thrilled but that's just me

That's almost the exact opposite of what he said. 

• Like 1

ive seen gueye play twice in the last year, which is more times than ive seen richards play in the last 3 years

so yeah im with stevo

richards comes with the good reputation, gueye comes with a good price tag and according to reports both of them had other offers and we got them so im excited about that

we've got a way to go yet

The fee excites me because it suggests we have a bit of money to spend.

Relative to the player we're getting, again it's impossible for me to say whether that is a good fee or not because I have no idea how good Gueye is.

• Like 1

Relative to the player we're getting, again it's impossible for me to say whether that is a good fee or not because I have no idea how good Gueye is.

I'm in the same boat. No idea how good he is but it really is nice to see us spend a bit of money again. 

Not really.

That's almost the exact opposite of what he said.

Sorry, i didn't read it properly

Unless of course we've just spent the Delph money or a fraction of the Benteke money.

Fingers crossed that isn't the case.

Yep, hence why I said what we've done so far doesn't necessarily mean we shouldn't be worried.

I'm optimistic, but it will take more than Richards and Gueye to make this a good window.

To me the fee confirms Benteke will go

That does not even come close to making sense. Unless it is supposed to be funny..........

Unless of course we've just spent the Delph money or a fraction of the Benteke money.

Fingers crossed that isn't the case.

This is my concern too!

With Villa there always seems to be a but so I am hoping that we do our business and rebuild around our best players instead of selling them to fund replacements and starting all over again, like we seem to do year after year.

Â