Micah Richards

Demitri_C

I was absolutely lambasted for saying months ago what people have started to realise now. He's not a CB. 

Yet you still choose not to post criticism on the Lescott thread.

"Lambasting" Richards, whilst Lescott is in the same side is akin to saying Man United are rubbish when Birmingham City are in the same league

And anyone who thinks that Clark or Okore are the answer seriously needs their head looking at.

In his defense, any defender would look awful paired up with Lescott, because Lescott is toilet and any defender paired with him would have do twice as much work to cover for your defensive partner's inability to do anything that remotely resembles defending.

• Like 1

I was absolutely lambasted for saying months ago what people have started to realise now. He's not a CB. 

"Lambasting" Richards, whilst Lescott is in the same side is akin to saying Man United are rubbish when Birmingham City are in the same league

And anyone who thinks that Clark or Okore are the answer seriously needs their head looking at.

Absolute rubbish re: Clark and Okore. They're the best defensive partnership we've got and have looked very good together. 

I've posted nothing in the Lescott thread because what's the point? Everyone knows and can see that he's been poor - there are no points of debate there. 

Edited by lexicon

He's the best one we've got.

I don't think he did much wrong against Swansea.  The free kick was incredibly soft.

• Like 1

Absolute rubbish re: Clark and Okore. They're the best defensive partnership we've got and have looked very good together. 

I've posted nothing in the Lescott thread because what's the point? Everyone knows and can see that he's been poor - there are no points of debate there. 

I think Okore has had one good game since he joined us-He is way off the pace and has been severely held back by serious injuries. He also looks to be struggling with his weight. Clark had a purple patch but in his last run of games, reverted back to the liability that we know and love. Richards has by far been our most consistent defender this season and your obsession with him has become tedious. Its almost as if you're trying to prove a point.

If we persist with attacking wing backs, I can't see Richards playing there-Whilst he likes to get forward, I don't think he can provide the cross/final ball expected of the wing back. What is abundantly clear is that the defence needs working on and organising. Somebody like Allerdyce and even Moyes would make it a priority-Lets hope that whoever comes in will do something. For me, I'd give Lescott one final chance in a defence that's had some coaching but he is definitely the weak link currently. Replacing him with Clark would be a step sideways

He had a bad game vs Swansea but other than that he has been solid enough. The new manager will hopefully figure out his best position soon enough, I'd like to see him play right back as he is a real danger going forward and he could do more of this from right back.

Richards - Okore - Clark - Amavi. Looks good to me as a backline.

It will be interesting to see what a new manager makes of our squad and who makes it into our starting 11.

This is true for Richards in that I would imagine a new manager will shift him straight to right back, and we won't see much of Hutton or Bacuna after that. Unless of course Richards somehow has a contractual clause stating he must play centreback if fit, which would just be mental.

They'll both be 'the answer' for as long as Lescott is starting games. 

• Like 1

If we move him to rb then he's probably gonna be unhappy and want to leave in the summer. 

If so... good riddance, it's this type of player that holds a squad back. We need everyone all in and that means doing what the manager wants not deciding where to play yourself.

Can you imagine the amount of false nines that would appear if this sort of thing became commonplace... lol.

Edited by villakram

I just don't get it. There are 10 other players on the pitch every week who are more culpable than Richards for what's happening at the moment. Same thing happened to Vlaar. Get used to all the mistakes from centre backs guys and girls coz we're gonna see a load more. God had a terrible game against Inter in Milan once. That didnt make him awful. Richards attitude is the only thing I can really identify with on the pitch at the moment. He's unlucky not to have a couple of goals by now. He's trying, and he cares and I like that. If only the other 10/13 players that left the pitch every week left the same impression on me I doubt we'd be propping everyone up. Funnily enough him at CB or Vlaar at CB or Clark or Okore at CB is kinda irrelevant when the rest of the team is so utterly clueless and it has been like this for years now.

If we move him to rb then he's probably gonna be unhappy and want to leave in the summer. 

If so... good riddance, it's this type of player that holds a squad back. We need everyone all in and that means doing what the manager wants not deciding where to play yourself.

Can you imagine the amount of false nines that would appear if this sort of thing became commonplace... lol.

but he only joined us on that basis. This isn't like gabby turning round and saying I want a free role or I'll leave. Richards agreed to join Aston Villa because we told him we wanted him to play CB for us. For the rest of the season, he should play where ever the manager asks as a professional, but I could understand him being unhappy with it and there's no doubt he'd be off in the summer 

but he only joined us on that basis. This isn't like gabby turning round and saying I want a free role or I'll leave. Richards agreed to join Aston Villa because we told him we wanted him to play CB for us. For the rest of the season, he should play where ever the manager asks as a professional, but I could understand him being unhappy with it and there's no doubt he'd be off in the summer 

We can worry about next season when this one is finished. If we go down, he'll be leaving anyway. For now, he should play wherever the new manager wants him. 

• Like 1

Our best defender this season but poor game on Saturday. Not surprised to see criticism of him from the usual source as is the norm 

Richards and Okore I would like to see at the back. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â