Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Another vote for an Okore-Richards pairing.  Two quick, front-footed, ball-playing centre backs with leaps like steroidinal salmons.  Of course, our actual defense is fine (barring RB, the new LB), it's the defensive midfield cover that's the problem.

• Like 1

Really impressive how he has handled it so far. Great stuff. Hopefully Lescott and him gets a better partnership as we kick on. Would love to see Okore back

who I feel extremely sorry for considering his injuries and how it's robbing him of his talent.

Immense last night.

Last 20 minutes, any time they hit the ball forward everyone around me at the ground breathed a collective sigh of relief as we all just knew Richards would win it.

I don't think he lost a single header all night.

• Like 1

He did well but you need to look at the attackers he was up against - they were pretty shit and regardless, they got through a few times and should have scored at least one (Maghoma).

I agree to an extent. In that situation, once it became clear he was better than the attackers, you knew he was going to win the ball all night. It could work the other way against better teams.

But you're exagerrating with "got through a few times". They had one chance last night. And it was Clark's man who had it.

I seem to remember they really should have scored in the first half as well - put it low and wide of the post. 

Even so, I really think we should be looking to judge this guy against premier league quality attackers. 

Not from that angle IMO. Premier League players would struggle to put that away, especially going across goal with their right foot.

It was Richards who missed the tackle that led to that chance but its the same old thing, one mistake gets pulled out of all the good things he did.

Â