Micah Richards

Demitri_C

agree he's been our best individual performer

performance as captain? hard to judge, we're a poor team and most disappointing for me is that personally i think we've reverted to the latter stages of lamberts time in charge, we have players who dont look interested, got so many bottlers, we are shocking at both 50/50s and second balls, he's leading by example in that regards but i would question how much influence he has on the others

• 2 weeks later...

He's a top guy and is working, I think to the best of his ability. Just feel he needs to be a little tougher with the players, let them know who's boss. 

On a note, would have loved to have seen Costa try an hold down Micah like he did westwood:P

It was a master stroke bringing in Micah. The lad is easily good enough to be plying his trade for a top six side. If we had an equivalent of his ilk in goal, in midfield and up top we'd be laughing our bollocks off. He is a class act and a step above every other player in the squad aside from maybe Grealish. A sad statement really when you think only 5 or so years ago we had a squad containing half a dozen or so class acts in the likes of Friedel, Petrov, Milner, Barry, Downing, Carew, Young etc.

• Like 1

It was a master stroke bringing in Micah. The lad is easily good enough to be plying his trade for a top six side. If we had an equivalent of his ilk in goal, in midfield and up top we'd be laughing our bollocks off. He is a class act and a step above every other player in the squad aside from maybe Grealish. A sad statement really when you think only 5 or so years ago we had a squad containing half a dozen or so class acts in the likes of Friedel, Petrov, Milner, Barry, Downing, Carew, Young etc.

I wouldn't go as far to say they were class acts. Just good players managed an coached better!

I wouldn't go as far to say they were class acts. Just good players managed an coached better!

They were all head and shoulders above what we have now, bar one or two players, and any player that could hold his own week in week out for a side in the top six in one of the toughest leagues around is a class act in my book. In fact Milner, Barry and Young all left Villa and went on to hold their own for teams at the top of the league.

• Like 1

Yet another goal conceded where this clowns contribution is to throw his hands in the air after the ball is in the net... not like the 3 guys behind you, right in the center of the goal are your responsibility or anything.

Proper manager please who'll knock this muppet down a peg or 2 and put him at RB or the u21s.

Edited by villakram

I questioned his ability to play centre back earlier in the season and got slaughtered for it. He's played well there since but was poor for that third goal. However, Lescott got done outside of the box and maybe he felt he needed to cover the middle of the box for that ball in? 

Yet another goal conceded where this clowns contribution is to throw his hands in the air after the ball is in the net... not like the 3 guys behind you, right in the center of the goal are your responsibility or anything.

Proper manager please who'll knock this muppet down a peg or 2 and put him at RB or the u21s.

The ball should not have been allowed to come in. Richardson and Lescott equally responsible for that.

Like a bull in a china shop today

That foul where he comes charging out on Sigurdsson was completely unnecessary he has proven a few times this season that he doesn't have the brain or the calmness to be a CB and shouldn't be anywhere near the centre of the pitch but he's never played at RB even though he is one and it's a position we struggle in

At least at RB he could get forward like he likes to during games and he wouldn't be a liability in the process

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Â