Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Richards is a class act. Best defender we have had in many a year... It's not just his ability but also his leadership skills.. Last ten minutes, whenever Guzan got hold of the ball, Richards was looking at the ref with his back turned and getting Guzan to lay down on the ball thus wasting valuable time, then he was telling Guzan when the ref was turning back and could've booked Guzan again for time wasting... 

As as for the debate over left footed and right footed cb's... I've often found two footed partnerships are fine (an example I've used many times is Ferdinand and Vidic). My friend made a good point the other day... At grassroots level it can often be hard to find one left footed centre back so players get used to playing on the other side.. It's very rare for 2 left footed cb's to be in a team, so the lefties never have to play the opposing side... I'm with Stevo, when I play cb I like to be on the left and I'm right footed.

• Like 1

He played well, but it's fair to mention that he could've cost us a goal on Sunday when he tried an very unlikely interception in midfield and allowed Sterling a 1v1 situation with Clark (it was when there was contact in the box but Sterling went down too easily). He needs to stop making moronic mistakes like that.

Apart from that, he was excellent.

I've got a feeling he will flourish under Garde.

It seems like the manager wants to set up from the back ensuring we have a solid base and I think Richards will thrive under that sort of focus.  Moving him to RB would be a huge mistake.

Richards is my player of the season so far.prefer him over vlaar

The difference in quality between the two is untrue. Vlaar is one of the most overrated players we've ever had.

I like both of them.  I wouldn't have Vlaar now, but he was great at the time.  And he did keep Messi in his back pocket in the WC so he wasn't really over-rated.  His problem was always his fitness and as a limiting factor for a club that's a pretty bad one so in that sense yes I'd rather have Richards all things being equal..

Richards is a class act. Best defender we have had in many a year... It's not just his ability but also his leadership skills.. Last ten minutes, whenever Guzan got hold of the ball, Richards was looking at the ref with his back turned and getting Guzan to lay down on the ball thus wasting valuable time, then he was telling Guzan when the ref was turning back and could've booked Guzan again for time wasting... 

Good CBs don't do what WooJung highlighted and good leaders take responsibility for their actions and the team. So many times  he's just flapped his arms in frustration at his teammates when he's been at fault - that smacks of immaturity and isn't what I look for in a captain.

He looked better against City, thanks to the organisation of the team from Garde and the added protection of Sanchez, but he's not the finished article and definitely not a class act yet. We'd be better off putting him in at RB.

Richards isn't an ideal captain but he is definitely the best option we have at the club.

I actually think that with playing time he will get better at reading the game as well instead of relying on his athleticism. He already shows that he is capable of it when he darts in front of the forward to intercept a pass and then brings it clear.

I wish Richards had never played Right Back ever so people would shut the **** up about moving him there.

He's our best Centreback by some distance. How on earth would we be better off with him at right back?

Mental.

I get the impression that if he'd never played RB before most would be hugely impressed with him since joining but because many came to the conclusion before he'd arrived that "he's rubbish at CB and should only play RB" they are highlighting and over amplifying every thing in support of that theory, possibly even without meaning too.

But what do I know, I'm no #stevoITK or anything

• Like 3

Good CBs don't do what WooJung highlighted and good leaders take responsibility for their actions and the team. So many times  he's just flapped his arms in frustration at his teammates when he's been at fault - that smacks of immaturity and isn't what I look for in a captain.

He looked better against City, thanks to the organisation of the team from Garde and the added protection of Sanchez, but he's not the finished article and definitely not a class act yet. We'd be better off putting him in at RB.

Shifting Richards to right back would be ridiculous and, even if he wanted to play there, would leave us exposed in the centre of defence.  He's arguably been our best player this season (I actually think our current RB is the main contender against him) - why would you change this?

Madness.

• Like 2

Â