Micah Richards

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

Not bothered in the slightest about him leaving. But after the first 11 is anyone else worried that the squad is looking a little thin even with the new signings....?

I think it is yes...but getting these guys out first is the priority...i would rather have a 16 year old on the bench than richards

26 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

I think it is yes...but getting these guys out first is the priority...i would rather have a 16 year old on the bench than richards

Absolutely. Having got rid of so much of the crap from last season I'm even more adamant that we should get rid of the last few. The club have done a wonderful job of overhauling the squad this summer, we are now so close to ridding ourselves of the bag eggs. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

West Brom (if they sell Evans) or Hull might just be desperate enough

Pulis knows a good defender though, so no chance! 

Really concerned that there don't seem to have been any serious links yet. Surely even with last year's toilet doings fest of a season his reputation is not so tarnished that no one in the need spectacles league will take a gamble with the obscene money sloshing about this year. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Really concerned that there don't seem to have been any serious links yet. Surely even with last year's toilet doings fest of a season his reputation is not so tarnished that no one in the need spectacles league will take a gamble with the obscene money sloshing about this year. 

sure nobody else in England took a punt on him when he was free last season or when offered on loan the season before

they be mad to actually pay for him now

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sure nobody else in England took a punt on him when he was free last season or when offered on loan the season before

they be mad to actually pay for him now

But the money is so much greater now.  What might have been a major gamble on him last year will be a 2p shove Machine gamble this year.  Even as one of our higher paid players we are not exactly big payers are we. 

Apparently we are "Bracing ourselves" for a move from Hull   :-)  as they are planning to swoop and activate his £5m release clause!!!!   Oh NO!!!!!!!!

The only thing I think we would be bracing for would be the massive party at Villa Park if he were to leave and we were to get £5m for him!

http://www.footballinsider247.com/new-aston-villa-bid-for-defender-with-5m-release-clause-report/

Hull have made an enquiry with Aston Villa about former captain Micah Richards, according to a report.

The Mail claim that Hull are hoping to sign the ex-England defender, as they look to build on their small squad.

The Daily Star reported last month that the 28-year-old has a £5million release clause in his Villa contract.

The Northern Echo then reported that Sunderland manager David Moyes had been interested but had opted to search the transfer market for a different defensive option.

Villa manager Roberto Di Matteo is under no pressure to sell Richards, who captained them last season at times.

The defender has three years remaining on the four-year contract he signed last summer.

Richards endured a difficult campaign last year as he was unable to prevent The Villans conceding 76 Premier League goals, and subsequently being relegated for the first time in 28 seasons.

He has been a fringe player this season, with new skipper Tommy Elphick, £7million signing James Chester and Nathan Baker ahead of him in the pecking order for central defender spots.

Richards joined Villa on a free transfer from Manchester City in 2015 and the defender played in 28 matches last season, predominantly at centre-back.

Sadly if you read the article, it is not anything like as dramatic or concrete as their clickbait headline would suggest, apparently Hull have "enquired"

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Imagine if they wanted Richards as part of the Hernandaz  deal. Errmmmm 5.5m plus Richards release clause seems fair :D

3m plus richards and lescott. What a deal they are getting. 

• Like 1

Â